The Alpha-Link MX range consists of two different 1 U units that can be used individually or combined to create larger systems.
Each unit features 64 channel digital audio I/O via Fibre Optic MADI In/Out connections which can be used to connect to any suitably equipped MADI device including SSL’s own MadiXtreme, MX4 and Delta-Link computer audio interfaces, or to cascade multiple MX units.
The ‘Alpha-Link MX 16-4’ has 16 analogue inputs and 4 analogue outputs, making it an ideal 16 channel capture device with 4 outputs for artist and studio monitoring. The ‘Alpha-Link MX 4-16’ has 4 analogue inputs and 16 analogue outputs, making it an ideal solution for 16 channel analogue summing with 4 channels of audio capture. Up to four MX units can be cascaded in any combination in a daisy chain. In this way systems with up to 80 analogue connections which are routable to a single 64 channel MADI In/Out connection can be created. MX units have a switchable reference level to enable matching with the rest of your studio system, with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB. Alpha-Link MX units are configured via a set of simple, intuitive front panel controls with status indicator LED’s providing clear status and level information.
Alpha-Link MX units are available bundled with an SSL MadiXtreme 64 Mac or PC audio interface to provide the perfect high quality low cost pro DAW I/O solution.
- High quality SSL A-D/D-A converter technology
- 64 channel Fibre Optic MADI digital audio In/Out
- Alpha-Link MX 16-4: 16 analogue In, 4 analogue Out (balanced)
- Alpha-Link MX 4-16: 4 analogue In, 16 analogue Out (balanced)
- Cascade up to 4 Units for up to 80 analogue connections
- 44.1 to 96kHz operation with varispeed up to ± 10% (192kHz operation will be available as a free firmware upgrade by 31/12/2012)
- Switchable reference level with a range of settings between +24dB and +14dB
- Perfect Partner for SSL MadiXtreme, MX4 & Delta-Link interfaces
- Simple front panel setup controls
- Dedicated tri-colour signal activity LED’s
- BNC Word Clock sync In/Out
- Rear panel analogue connection via standard 25 pin D-Sub
SSL Alpha Link available from:
Kazbar Systems Pro Audio Sales