Session guitarist Tim Pierce (Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Carlos Santana, Shakira, Don Henley plus many more) has chosen the Kahayan 12k72 as his trusted ‘goto’ preamp. In this video he details how the smooth, punchy sound of the12k72 became his number one choice.
12K72 – Based on a classic 70ies Preamp
12k72 is a high class preamplifier which contains a ‘module’ per channel. The main feature of these ‘modules’ is a sound completely clear and transparent, with deep bass and an extremely natural treble.
The components used in manufacturing come essentially from the same manufacturers that supplied the ones used originally, reproducing and expanding the benefits of these. Everything inside this preamplifier is high quality: the wires, rotary switches, capacitors, resistors and connectors.
- Two mic / line independent preamp working in pure class A
- Using discrete technology (without IC’s) with Carnhill® Transformers
- Gain control in steps of 5dB
- Output Level Control in steps of 1dB
- Phantom power 48v with pilot light
- Phase reverse switch
- Microphone / Line Switch (Also useful in line mode for mastering or mixbus processor)
- Inputs and outputs: balanced and unbalanced (XLR and jack)
- External high quality Power supply
- Front input jack for connecting high impedance electric instruments (guitar, bass, synth, etc.)
Kahayan 12k72 Mono Preamp & 12k72 Dual Preamp is available from Kazbar Systems
Kazbar Systems Pro Audio Sales
More about Kahayan here