The Warm Audio WA76 Discrete Compressor Stereo Linked Pair is a modern reproduction of the Classic 1176 Revision D. The WA76 has a fully discrete signal path and uses the original Reichenbach Engineering’s (now CineMag) transformer design. The classic 1176 was a major breakthrough in limiter technology, and used on hundreds of hit records since its inception.
WA76 Compressor Stereo Linked Pair Overview
- This stereo matched pair are factory linked and include stereo link boards, stereo mini jack link cable & stereo level calibration.
- The WA76 Stereo Link Modification consists of a small circuit that is installed inside each unit of a paired set. A small toggle switch and a 3.5mm stereo connector will be added to the back panel of each unit. A 3.5mm stereo cable is used to link the two units. The toggle switch selects dual mono in the down position and linked stereo operation in the up position.
- The WA76 pair is calibrated as a set.
- In dual mono operation the two units operate independently and gain limiting is not shared.
- In stereo configuration, all controls are set identically on both units. The output of the internal pre-amplifier stage in each unit is buffered and combined with the paired unit and fed to the compression circuit. Both units respond to the combined input signal, resulting in the same amount of signal dependant gain reduction being applied to both limiting amplifiers. The audio content however, is not mixed and stays integral. The result is that left-right image shifts produced by the dual mono operation are eliminated in favour of stereo compression.
- The WA76 pair are calibrated to have matched output levels to within 0.5 dBu and matched Gain Reduction to within 10% while operating with all controls set top dead centre and the 20:1 ratio selected.
- The special summer offer includes a free remote switch worth £44.99 that can be connected in-between the WA76’s allowing the stereo link or dual mono function to be switched close to the users position, eliminating the need for the user to engage either function via the rear of the units.
The main features of the Warm Audio WA76 Stereo Linked Pair includes:
- True to the Classic 1176 compressor in design and performance
- Completely discrete signal path
- Modeled after the D revision
- Utilizes USA made CINEMAG input and output transformers
- Supports the famous “all buttons in” ratio setting
- Ultra fast attack time
- Class A line level output amplifier
- Input impedance – 600 ohms, bridges-T control (floating)
- Frequency Response ± 1 dB 20 Hz to 20kHz
- XLR and TRS inputs. XLR and TRS outputs
- 50db of gain
- Less than 0.4% total harmonic distortion from 50 Hz to 20 kHz with limiting
- Signal to noise ratio is greater than 74 dB at +25 dBm
- EIN -104.1 dbm
- Attack time, 20 microseconds to 800 microseconds
- Release time, 50 milliseconds to 1 second
- Meter provides dB gain reduction and dB output
- Internal power supply, external 24v AC power transformer
- 19″ Rackmount chassis, 2U
- 1-year warranty
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!