The Warm Audio WA-2A Optical Compressor’s design is based on the distinguished LA-2A Leveling Amplifier, incorporating its classic four-tube design resulting in a warm yet smooth output. The four-tube design features four premium vacuum tubes as well as the renowned Kenetek opto-cell. The Kenetek Opto-Cell features custom-built EL panels designed to replicate the performance of the original LA-2A unit, resulting in a warm yet articulate sound.
The need for a quality compressor in a studio setting is paramount, allowing you to take dull vocal takes or uninspired bass tones and turn them into something special. The complete discrete all-tube signal path features US-Made Cinemag input and output transformers as well a custom opto-cell from Kenetek. These premium-quality components result in the fluid and warm sonic qualities, the WA-2A Optical Compressor produces. Need that Lead Vocal take to sit well within the mix and not have to fight for space with other frequencies? Simply adjust your settings to accommodate your vocals and the WA-2A will deliver. The WA-2A Optical Compressor is perfect for a range of inputs from vocal to basslines and more, making the compressor highly versatile and ideal for a range of applications. The compressor itself features a range of controls including Limit/Compression, Peak Reduction, Gain Reduction and Output Gain controls.wide frequency range (15 Hz – 20kHz) also adds to its impressive arsenal of features, ensuring you capture every nuance of the original signal.
In addition to its wide range of quality components, the WA-2A Optical Compressor also features a select group of inputs and outputs for connecting external devices directly to the unit. Both XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs and outputs have been included allowing you to connect a range of outboard gear including audio interfaces. Additionally. you can connect 2 WA-2A Optical Compressor units together using the Stereo Link Input Jack. Once connected you can use the ‘Stereo Link’ function to operate the two units in stereo mode, with a shared threshold and sidechain response, perfect for stereo instrument recording.
- Design based on the classic LA-2A Leveling Amplifier
- Conveniently housed in a 2U chassis for studio use
- Fully discrete signal path
- Premium-grade Cinemag USA Transformers
- Kenetek opto attenuator
- Wide frequency range (15 Hz to 20kHz)
- Stereo-link capability
- Variable Pre-emphasis, allows for compression hipass filtering
- Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with other opto-cells
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs and outputs
- Line Level, Transformer Balanced Input: 600 ohms impedance pin 2/tip=positive, pin 3/ring=negative, pin 1/sleeve=ground
- Line Level, Transformer Balanced Output: 600 ohms impedance pin 2/tip=positive, pin 3/ring=negative, pin 1/sleeve=ground
- Frequency Response: +/- 1 DB, 15 HZ TO 20KHZ
- Maximum Gain: +40 dB ±1dB
- Maximum Peak Reduction: -40 dB ±3dB
- Input Level: +16 dB maximum
- Output Level: +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion: Less than 0.1 THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise: -74dB
- Attack Time: 10 milliseconds
- Release Time: 0.06 seconds for 50 release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Tube Compliment: 2x 12AX7, 1x 12BH7, 1x 6P1 (compatible with 6aQ5, 6005, and 6N1N)
- Optical Attenuator: Kenetek T4B module (socketed) (compatible with T4A, T4B, and T4C modules per standard wiring configuration to standard octal header
- Power: 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz, standard IEC 3 conductor cord
- Fuse Compliment: 1x 250v, 1amp fast-blow type fuse
- Dimensions: 19” Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19” x 7” x 3.5”
- Weight: 12 lbs
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!