The Universal Audio SOLO/610 delivers the classic Putnam 610 console sound to the single channel format in a rugged, highly versatile form factor, at a price every project studio can afford.
The all-tube Universal Audio SOLO/610 provides the silky vintage warmth of the original UA 610 console used by artists ranging from Sinatra to Van Halen. The Universal Audio SOLO/610 will flatter the cheapest to the most esoteric microphone with its signature sound. Unlike stationary rack gear, the Universal Audio SOLO/610 can be conveniently used in the control room or recording room, on stage or desktop, due to its portable “go anywhere” design.
Functionally lean but sonically mean, the Universal Audio SOLO/610 was carefully created to maintain all of the character of its vintage predecessor, and has the same solid build and audiophile components professionals expect from its more expensive UA siblings like the 2-610 and M610.
The SOLO/610 offers Mic and DI inputs, and features Gain and Level control for a wide variety of clean to colored tonal shaping. Unlike its predecessors, the Universal Audio SOLO/610 has continuous a Gain control with even greater range, allowing for more precise gain structuring and doubles as input signal padding.
The Universal Audio SOLO/610 has all the essential features like 48v Phantom Power, Lo Cut filtering, Phase Reverse, and for even greater tonal variety, maintains the 610’s flexible dual impedance selection for both Mic and DI inputs. The SOLO/610 also includes essential DI features like Thru for when used in conjunction with an amplifier, plus Ground Lift and and a versatile Mic/Line level output switch. The Universal Audio SOLO/610 is hand-assembled by Universal Audio in the USA.
Universal Audio SOLO/610 main features include:
- Classic Putnam 610 console Mic Preamplifier and DI
- Legendary all-tube sound finally at project studio price
- Gain, Level, and impedance selection for maximum tonal variety
- Portable design for studio, desktop or stage
- Rugged construction-steel chassis
- DI features like Thru and Mic/Line level output
- Input Impedance: Mic Input – Selectable 500 ohms (Lo-Z) or 2k ohms (Hi-Z) DI Input – Selectable 2.2M ohms (Lo-Z) or 47k ohms (Hi-Z)
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz +/- 1 dB
- Maximum Gain 61 dB
- Tube Complement (1) 12AX7, (1) 12AT7
- Maximum Mic Input Level -12 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Instrument Input Level +4 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Output Level into 600 ohms +14 dBu, 1% THD+N Ratio
- Maximum Output Level into 100k ohms +18 dBu, 1.0% THD+N Ratio
- Internal Output Impedance 80 W
- Recommended Minimum Load 600 ohms
- Mic/Instrument In Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +/- 0.1 dB
- Maximum Gain Instrument Input 37 dB
- Maximum Gain Mic Input 55 dB (2k input), 60 dB (500 input)
- Power Requirements 100-130 VAC 200-240 VAC
- Maximum Power Consumption 18 watts
- Dimensions H: 5″ W: 5 3/4″ L: 14″
- Weight 9 lbs.
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!