The Universal Audio 6176 610 Valve Mic-Amp And 1176 FET Limiter. Legendary, respected combination of the 2-610 microphone/instrument preamplifier and the 1176LN compressor in one box.
The Universal Audio 6176 Channel Strip delivers the classic sound of the legendary 610 Modular Console. Advances in digital recording technology are providing users with tremendous power and flexibility for increasingly less money.
All too often, however, the audio quality of these systems is limited by their input stages. Many users who demand the power and flexibility of todays recording technology find themselves yearning for the warmth and tone of yesteryears hand-built analog circuitry.
Now with the release of the 6176, Universal Audio, for the first time, combines their highly acclaimed 610 tube microphone preamp with their legendary 1176LN compressor to create the ultimate single channel signal path for everything from vocals to vibraphones. The 2-610 microphone and instrument preamplifier has received praise from many corners.
The 6176 mic preamp sections maintains the quality and character of the 2-610 while adding high-tension power regulation for improved bass response and a front-panel 15db pad switch. The 1176LN may well be the most loved compressor in history. Its trademark lightning-quick attack and release times and the tone of its Class A output amplifier have enhanced countless recordings over the last thirty-five years.
UA have recreated the 1176LN for the compressor section of the 6176 with the same exacting, attention to detail and tradition used on the 1176LN. The resulting character, heritage and tone simply cannot be found on other channel strip units.
The main features of the Universal Audio 6176 include:
- Legendary, respected combination of the 2-610 microphone/instrument preamplifier and the 1176LN compressor in one box
- Classic Sound of the Legendary 610 Modular Console
- Powerful DAW front end used for vocal, bass and instrument tracking across the world
- Variable Input Gain and Output Levels
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Mic, Balanced Line, and Hi-Z Inputs
- Multiple Impedance Settings
- Classic EQ
- Classic 1176LN Compression
- Stereo Interconnection via 1176-SA
- Use Mic Pre & Compressor Seperately (“Split”) or in Series (“Join”)
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!