The Universal Audio 2-610S Dual Channel Tube Mic Preamp is based on the legendary Universal Audio 610 modular console. Designed by Bill Putnam, the Universal Audio 610 was among the first modular recording consoles. Early Universal Audio consoles were used in all of Putnam’s studios including Universal Recording in Chicago and United/Western in Los Angeles.
Many prominent engineers such as Bruce Swedien began their careers in these studios with this classic rotary knob console. The 610 was particularly well noted for its pre-amplifier, and has left its mark on countless classic recordings from Frank Sinatra to Van Halen, to the seminal Brian Wilson recording, Pet Sounds.
Modern Features — Vintage Tone
The 2-610 Dual Channel Tube Preamplifier builds on the foundation of the classic Putnam console by adding enhanced, user-requested features as well as a more modern workflow. Offering features such as extended top-end response and a -15 dB pad — as well as circuit tweaks for improved stability — the 2-610 preamp is perfect for any source and genre.
- Classic Sound of the Legendary 610 Modular Console
- Variable Gain and Output Levels, Multiple Impedance Settings
- Mic, balanced line and Hi-Z inputs
- High and Low shelving EQ
- Updated “silver-face” cosmetics and enhanced build quality
- Improved EQ circuit and more “open” sonics as requested by users
- New switchable -15dB pad as requested by users
- Ultra quiet operation
- Custom wound double sized alloy transformers
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.