Soundelux U195 Studio FET Cardioid Microphone Inc. Swivel Mount
The Soundelux U195 is a cardioid FET condenser microphone with large diaphragm inspired by the legendary K67 capsule.
The Soundelux U 195 has been reissued by David Bock, the original Soundelux designer, and is an exact reissue of the Elux 195 as it was also known then. It features a unique tone control switch that offers either a flat frequency response with a high- end boost or a Fat mode providing a boost between 10Hz and 400Hz recreating the tone of vintage valve microphones. The mode works by affecting the negative feedback built into the circuit. The U195 also includes a non-capacitive pad which reduces the mic’s sensitivity by 10DB, and a Low Cut switch which cuts by 10dB at 20Hz.
The electronics doesn’t include any surface mount components, using instead low ESR electrolytic capacitors, and a unique FET circuit. This results in impressively low noise and extended HF characteristics. The U195 also boasts impressive headroom avoiding the harshness of other FET microphones while a large output transformer ensures a coherent signal across the full audio spectrum. As a result this microphone is capable to deal with really large dynamics.
- Pattern: cardioid only
- Frequency range: 10 Hz through 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 14 mV/Pa
- Equivalent noise: 23 dB unweighted; 12 dB “A” weighted
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 71 dB unweighted; 82 dB “A” weighted
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB @ 0.5%
- Impedance: 50 ohms
- Dynamic range: 115 dB
- Capsule size: 1 inch in diameter
- Dimensions: 2.09 by 7.7 inches (5.3 by 19.5 cm)
- Weight: 1.75 pounds
- Power consumption: 0.5 mA @ 48 vdc
- Power supply: phantom-powered, user provided
There are no reviews yet.