The British-designed Sontronics DM-1B is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern, created specifically for use with kick drum and bass instruments.
The DM-1B, along with our DM-1S for snare and DM-1T, represents three years of research, design and development alongside top producers and drummers, and all three microphones have become best-sellers for drum recording, both live and in the studio.
The Sontronics DM1B is features a switchable -15dB pad to handle 155dB of heavy thump and boomy decay.
Sontronics DM-1B Main Features
- Large-Diaphragm Condenser
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Polar pattern: Cardioid
- Max SPL (for 0.5% THD @ 1,000Hz): 155dB (with pad)
- Power source: Phantom power 48V ™ 4V
- Connector: Three-pin XLR
- Supplied with: Yoke mount, aluminium flight case
- Ideal for: Live & studio use on kick drum and bass guitar cabinets