The Rupert Neve Designs Portico 5024 4-Channel Microphone Preamp incorporates four channels of renowned preampfification. This unit has independent silk controls, two channels of DI inputs, and an M-S Decoder into a 1U enclosure.
The Portico 5024 is equipped to enhance the front end performance of any digital or analogue recording system. Each channel of the Portico 5024 is based around the custom transformers and class-A circuitry found in the 5012.
In addition to 72 dB of gain, the 5024’s mic pres include individually selectable phase, mute, phantom power and a selectable frequency high pass filter. Moreover, this unit contains the Silk circuit which yields the rich warmth and presence of the renowned classic designs. Channels 1 & 2 of the 5024 feature a high-Z input designed for instrument level sources. Channels 3 & 4 feature an M-S switch, which enables Mid-Side decoding without the use of multiple console channels.
The microphone input is balanced but not floating, being a variant of an instrumentation amplifier using a “Transformer-Like-Amplifier” (T.L.A.) configuration with a toroidal Common Mode Rejection Low Pass Filter that excludes frequencies above 150 kHz. The T.L.A. is followed by an actual input transformer permitting a full +25 dBu input signal to be handled at unity gain without an input pad over the whole audio spectrum. This combines the advantages of both an “Electronically Balanced” and true transformer input. When the Phantom voltage is switched off, this input serves as a very high quality line input with an impedance of 10,000 ohms.
The main features of the Portico 5024 include:
- Frequency Response: Main Output, no load, –3 dB @ 2 Hz –3 dB @ 160 kHz
- Noise: Measured at Main Output, unweighted, 22Hz-22kHz, Terminated 150 Ohms. With gain at unity better than –92 dBu With gain at 66 dB better than –56 dBu Equivalent Input Noise better than –123 dBu
- Gain: Unity to +66dB in 6 dB steps, Trim continuously adjustable from –6dB to +6dB Line Input: Trim continuously adjustable from –6dB to +6dB
- Maximum Output Level: Maximum output from 20 Hz to 40 kHz is +25 dBu.
- Phantom Power: 48 Volts DC +/- 1%
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise: @ 1kHz, +20 dBu output: Better than 0.002% As above, Silk Engaged: Better than 0.2% Second Harmonic @ 20Hz, +20 dBu out Better than 0.004% @ 20Hz, +20 dBu out Better than 0.020% IM Distortion: Better than 0.002%
- Slew rate Better than 4 V/uS High Pass Filter: Frequency: Selectable either 30Hz or 90Hz Slope: 12 dB/Octave Bessel
- Independent silk controls
- 2 channels of DI inputs
- M-S Decoder
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
Browse all Rupert Neve Designs
Learn more about Rupert Neve Designs