The Rode Stereo VideoMic Microphone is a broadcast quality stereo microphone designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders.
Two high resolution 1/2″ condenser capsules are mounted in a fixed X/Y stereo array, providing a very natural stereo recording, while still offering a high level of rear rejection.
The Stereo VideoMic is an ideal microphone for capturing environmental and ambient sounds, as well as live music. For dialogue and directional applications the RØDE VideoMic and VideoMic Pro are recommended.
An in-built shock mounting system isolates the Stereo VideoMic capsule and electronics from its mount, providing isolation from external physical factors that may cause unwanted rumble and vibrations in the microphone.
Its standard sized shoe mount also includes a 3/8″ thread in the base for easy mounting on a boom pole or stand.(note that cameras with proprietary sized mounts with require an additional adaptor.)
In addition to the microphone’s native 40Hz-20kHz response a selectable high-pass filter at 80Hz is available, which will prevent low end noise such as air conditioners and traffic from being recorded.
A -10dB level attenuation (or PAD), selectable from the rear face of the microphone, allows recording of loud sound sources, such as live music or motorsport.
The Stereo VideoMic is ideal for use with DSLR cameras such as the Canon 5DMkII, Canon 7D, Canon 1D, Canon 550D/T2i, Canon 60D, Nikon D7000, Nikon D5100, Panasonic GH1 and Panasonic GH2.
The RØDE Stereo VideoMic is covered by RØDE Microphones’ industry leading 10 year warranty.
The main features of the RØDE Stereo VideoMic Microphone include:
- Stereo X/Y condenser microphone
- Broadcast sound quality
- Rugged cast aluminum body
- 9v battery operation
- Custom designed integral windshield
- Low noise circuitry
- Low handling noise
- Integral camera-shoe mount
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Full 10 year guarantee
Technical Specifications of the RØDE VideoMic GO Microphone:
- acoustic principle: line gradient
- pickup pattern: switchable: super-cardioid
- frequency range: 40 Hz – 20 kHz
- output impedance: 200 ohms
- signal/noise ratio: 74 dB SPL
- maximum SPL: 134 (at 1 kHz, 1% in 1 kOhm load)
- sensitivity: -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV at 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB at 1 kHz
- mounted in a shockmount system
- dimensions: 65 mm x 170 mm x 102 mm
- weight: 288 g
There are no reviews yet.