The RME OctaMic XTC offers 8-channel 192 kHz / 24-bit AD conversion with eight high class microphone and line/ instrument pre-amplification inputs in excellent RME quality. Lowest distortion, excellent signal to noise ratio and perfect linear frequency response allow for unchanged transmission and amplification of the microphone signals.
OctaMic XTC provides 4 balanced XLR mic/line inputs and 4 balanced XLR mic/instrument inputs via Neutrik XLRs/TRS combo jacks. Frontside keys give quick and direct access to the most often used functions, perfectly visualised on an easy to read TFT-display.
The 8-channel AD- and 4 channel DA-conversion of the OctaMic XTC operates at up to 192 kHz. The digitised signal is available simultaneously at the double ADAT output (S/MUX), a D-sub 25 connector (4 AES/EBU outputs) and MADI optical. Using Mac OS X, or an iPadTM up to 24 I/Os can also be used via USB.
RME’s outstanding SteadyClockTM ensures perfect AD/DA- conversion, as jitter on the external sync sources is nearly completely removed. The digital inputs and outputs can be used simultaneously to the AD/DA conversion. Sophisticated routing options turn the OctaMic XTC into an AD/DA-converter with multiple digital outputs of different formats, as well as a digital format converter between ADAT, AES and MADI, and also a signal inserter/extractor for serialised MADI setups.
The main features of the RME OctaMic XTC include:
• Quick Control – Each input channel pair features a direct select button for quick access of the input gains, which can then be set immediately with the encoder knobs 1 and 2.
• Clear State – Dedicated LEDs for present signal, overload, phantom power and PAD/instrument mode for every input channel are accompanied by detailed metering on the colour display.
• Monitoring – Two high power TRS stereo line/phones outputs provide high volume operating with high and low impedance headphones. The source of these analog outputs can be chosen between all signals handled by the XTC.
• MIDI remote control is available via 2 standard MIDI DIN jacks, MIDI over MADI and USB.
• Digital synchronisation is achieved through all digital inputs and Word Clock.
• Digital I/O – The XTC has all common digital formats on board: AES/EBU, ADAT optical and MADI optical, for inputs and outputs. The USB-port also serves as firmware updater tool under Windows and Mac. On Mac OS X and with the iPad it turns the XTC into a 24-channel audio interface.
• Analogue Inputs – The XTC has eight high end, digitally controlled microphone preamps. Four of them feature PAD for input levels up to +32 dBu. The other four can be switched to Hi-Z mode to directly connect instruments. All TRS connections are phantom power-free. The outstanding design of the input circuits provides a stunning gain range of 85 dB, making the XTC compatible to whatever source is attached to its inputs.
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!