The original RME Fireface 800 set a benchmark for the standard of multi channel audio interface design and sound quality 10 years ago.
Now, RME have launched the successor to the Fireface 800, the Fireface 802 offering up to 30 inputs and outputs.
Just like the original, the heart of the Fireface 802 are four high quality, fully transparent microphone pre amps with manual gain settings. The four mic preamps use Neutrik XLR/TRS dual sockets and double up as Hi-Z inputs for recording of guitars and other instruments.
The Fireface 802 benefits from the latest improvements in RME’s AD/DA Converters with improved signal to noise ratio, 192 kHz support and a 118 dBA dynamic range on playback.
This also applies to the heaphone outputs.
Firewire 800 is no longer supported in favour of USB2 but the FIreface 802 still offers FIrewire 400 with both a 6 and a 9 pin socket.
The Fireface 802 benefits from the latest Total Mix software including full mixing and monitoring effects processing enjoyed by the UCX and UFX and class compliant compatibility.
This means the Fireface 802 can also interface to your iPad and be fully controlled frm RME’s TotalMix FX for iPad app.
With the Fireface 802, RME have designed a worthy successor to the original Fireface 800, being a highly integrated professional recording solution, packed into a 19″ enclosure.
It retains the solid construction and feel which made the Fireface 800 and world beating audio interface, but with RME latest audio technology inside to ensure a standard for the forseeable future.
The main features of the RME Fireface 802 include:
- 30 input / 30 output channels
- 12 x Analog I/O
- 4 x Mic/Instrument Preamp,
- 1 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x ADAT I/O
- 1 x Word Clock I/O
- 1 x MIDI I/O
- Total Mix FX
- 2 Inserts over TRS
- 2 Word Clock BNC Connectors I/O
- 1 Low-Latency high-bandwidth USB 2.0
- SteadyClock: RME’s unique jitter suppression technology
- ICC: Intelligent Clock Control
- DIGICheck: Software tool box for metering, testing, measuring and analyzing digital audio streams
- Power supply: A specially developed, internal hi-performance switch mode power supply lets the UFX operate in the range of 100V to 240V AC
- Stand Alone Operation with Setup Recall: The Fireface 802 can be set up and configured directly via iPad, MIDI remote and ARC
Added by: Kazbar Systems
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!