The RME ADI-6432 24 Bit / 192 kHz, Bidirectional 2 x 64-Channel MADI / AES offers 64 channels of format conversion from MADI to AES and vice versa. Typical applications include two ADI-6432 used as digital multicore, or one unit used as AES/EBU frontend for the Hammerfall DSP MADI PCI card.
Up to 192 kHz at 24-Bit are supported. Built with 2 units height there is enough space for all connectors and control elements. The RME ADI 6432 includes a unique status displays for MADI and AES, completely remote controlable via MIDI and MIDI data transfer via MADI.
All channels are transferred across a single cable, either coaxial (BNC) or optical network cable. In both cases, cable lengths of more than 100 meters can be achieved. The AES/EBU channels are provided as 32 AES/EBU inputs and outputs via D-sub connectors. The ADI-6432 accepts 56 channels and 64 channels as well as 96k frame at its input, and can be set to generate those formats at its output.
The RME ADI-6432 24 Bit / 192 kHz, Bidirectional 2 x 64-Channel MADI / AES Main Features Include:
- RMEs SteadyClock(TM) lets the ADI-6432 use MADI without an additional word clock connection, and guarantees excellent clock quality in every situation.
- Optional analog expansion boards with 4 balanced in- or outputs
- SyncAlign and SyncCheck technologies ensures perfect synchronization and clear detection of errors. Also multiple units can be stacked and operated sample-aligned, using word clock. All settings are stored when the unit is switched off.
- Fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode for critical applications.
- Detailed Sync and Audio State display with 97 LEDs.
- 16 MIDI channels can be transferred invisibly across MADI, at the full count of 64 audio channels.
- Fully remote controlled and configured via MIDI
- Compatible to MADI interfaces of companies like Sony, Merging, Lawo, Euphonix, Stagetec, Jünger, Audio Service, AMS and others.
- Input MADI: 1 x BNC, 1 x optical
- Input AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, highly sensitive input stage (< 0.3 Vpp), SPDIF compatible
- Output AES/EBU: 32 x, 4 x per D-sub connector, transformer balanced, 4 Vpp
- Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp)
- Output word clock: BNC, low impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proof
- MIDI input and output: via two 5-pin DIN jacks
- COM port: RS232 via 9-pin D-sub, 9600/19200/115200 Baud
- Sync sources: MADI, AES, word clock, internal
- Varipitch: by input signal or word clock
- Sample frequencies: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, variable (sync/word clock)
- Sample rate range: MADI: 32 – 192 kHz, word clock: 27 kHz – 200 kHz, AES: 28 kHz – 200 kHz
- Jitter: Internal Clock < 1 ns, Word Clock In < 2 ns, AES/EBU In < 2 ns
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: all PLLs operate error-free even at 100 ns
- Power supply: Internal switching mode PS, 100V – 240V AC, 20 Watt
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 483 x 88 x 200 mm