The Quested VS3208 is a self-powered, 3-way active monitor and part of the Quested G Range of monitors. The VS3208 is a 3-way active design, which can be used for a variety of applications including midfield reference monitoring in larger rooms, main monitoring in small to medium sized rooms and in installation projects where high quality audio is demanded. The bass drivers are 2 proprietary 200mm (8 inch) units housed in their own individual driver chambers, as are the 75mm (3 inch) mid-range softdome and the 28mm (1.125 inch) softdome tweeter.
Each speaker is powered by a built-in amplifier that provides in excess of 400W RMS, giving huge amounts of headroom. Switches provide for input sensitivity with an 18dB range of adjustment in 2dB steps and 3 switches for LF, mid and HF equalisation with each switch providing flat, lift & cut positions. Quested VS3208 applications include installations, broadcast, editing and voice-over suites, post-production project/home studios, nearfield monitoring and main monitoring in mid-size studios.
- Powerful, versatile midfield reference monitor for larger rooms, main monitoring in small to medium sized rooms and in installation projects where high quality audio is demanded
- Size (WxHxD) Dimensions: 485mm x 612mm x 415mm (19 x 24.25 x 16.5 inches)
- Weight 47 kgs (104 lbs)
- Drivers Bass: 2 x 200 mm (8 inch) cone driver, Mid: 1 x 75 mm (3 inch) soft dome, HF: 1 x 28mm (1.125 inch) soft dome tweeter
- Maximum SPL 112 dB
- Frequency Response 40 Hz-18 kHz +/- 2 dB
- Input Connector XLR3 Female, Impedance 10k electronically balanced with RF filters
- Input Sensitivity max +4dBu for 100dB SPL at 1m: Max input level for clip >+16dBu at 5kHz, set by 10 position rotary switch on rear 2dB steps
- Input Sensitivity minimum -14dBu for 100 dB SPL at 1m: Max. input level for clip >-2dBu at 5kHz, set by 10 position rotary switch on rear, 2dB steps
- User LF EQ 3 position rear mounted switch to select: FLAT for normal use, CUT for nominal 2dB cut below 100Hz and LIFT for nominal 2dB LF lift below 80Hz
- User MF EQ 3 position rear mounted switch to select FLAT for normal use, CUT for nominal 2dB cut and lift for nominal 2dB LF lift in the frequency band 500 – 3kHz
- User HF EQ 3 position rear mounted switch to select FLAT for normal use, CUT for nominal 2dB cut and lift for nominal 2dB LF lift above 5kHz
- LF output power > 230W RMS
- MF output power > 110W RMS
- HF output power > 100W RMS
- T.H.D. < 0.03% at levels up to 1 dB below clip, 20 Hz-20 kHz. typ 0.005% @ 20w rms 1kHz
- Hum + Noise > -100 dB referred to clip
- Power on Front mounted green LED indicates power applied/power ready and Red LED 2 dB before amplifier clip
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.