The PreSonus Sceptre S8 deliver an all new, professional range of active studio monitors featuring a CoAxial 2-way design, which allows you to discover fine nuances within your music that simply cannot be reproduced by conventional monitoring systems.
The PreSonus Sceptre S8 come loaded with an advanced 8″ Coaxial driver controlled by a 32-bit processor running Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ Temporal Equalization Technology that produces astounding results. Sceptre S8 also feature Class AB bi-amplification, with 90W LF and 90W HF power amp stages, which deliver all the punch and detail that you could ever wish for.
Sceptre monitors feature a DSP chip that enables the use of Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ algorithms. The processor is used to manage horn reflection, linear time and amplitude anomalies correction, performance contouring, and dynamic and excursion limiting. This combination of custom transducers, powerful DSP running custom software, and first-rate power amplification, add a rich set of acoustic adjustments and full speaker protection, and you have a new, affordable close-field monitoring standard for project studios and commercial facilities.
To ensure the highest levels of performance and minimise driver stress on power-up, Sceptre series monitors feature a “soft startup” and come with a range of input options, including balanced XLR and 1/4″ Jack. PreSonus Sceptre S8 active studio monitors offer unrivalled performance, delivering a comprehensive monitoring solution for professional applications.
The main features of the PreSonus Sceptre S8 include:
• CoActual technology combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
• Powerful DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters
• Acoustic-tuning controls
• 180W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sink
• RF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
• Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control
• Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
• 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
• Internal power supply with IEC connector