The Neumann TLM 67 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone in the classic Neumann nickel style, with a unique dual-color design.
The Neumann TLM 67 is suitable for a wide range of applications. In addition to its primary role as a vocal microphone for all types of music and spoken voice, in orchestral recordings the TLM 67 can be used as a main microphone and as a spot microphone for individual instruments.
The microphone is addressed from the side on which the Neumann logo is located. A large wire mesh grille encloses the elastically mounted double diaphragm capsule. The directional characteristics omnidirectional, cardioid or figure-8 can be selected via a switch below the grille. The selected setting is indicated by a symbol shown in a window above the switch.
The letters “TLM” stand for “transformerless microphone”. In the TLM 67, an electronic circuit is used rather than a conventional output transformer. Like a transformer, the circuit ensures good common mode rejection, effectively suppressing interference signals that affect the balanced modulation line. The microphone can operate at sound pressure levels of up to 105 dB without distortion, and has a dynamic range of 94 dB (A-weighted), without the use of the pre-attenuation switch.
- Sound characteristics based on the legendary U 67
- Three switchable directional characteristics (omnidirectional, cardioid and figure-8)
- Switchable high-pass filter and pre-attenuation
- Transformerless circuit technology
- Dual-color exterior design
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Omni/cardioid/figure-8
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10/18/9 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 0.5 %2): 110/105/111 dB
- Maximum SPL (tube characteristic) for THD < 5 %2): 130/125/131 dB
- Maximum output voltage: -1 dBu
- Power supply: 48v Phantom Power
- Matching connector: XLR 3F
- Weight: 490 g
- Diameter: 56 mm
- Length: 200 mm