Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set – Nickel
The Neumann KM 185 Stereo Set contains a pair of Nickel finish KM 185 small diaphragm hypercardioid condenser microphones, two stand mounts, two WNS 100 windscreens and a protective wooden box. Nickel Finish.
The hypercardioid, pressure gradient transducer Neumann KM 185 features a very smooth frequency response not only for the 0 axis, but also for lateral (off-axis) sound incidence. In typical usage, there is no coloration of sound over a wide pickup angle.
The KM 185 with its hypercardioid characteristic features attenuation of sound incidence from the side or rear of about 10 dB, with minimum sensitivity at an angle of 120 degrees.The KM 185 has the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications.
The microphone operates without any problems, even if the input of following equipment happens to be unbalanced, for example as in some DAT/CF recorders. The output of the KM 185, as in all Neumann microphones, is balanced and phantom (48V) powered.
The KM 185 is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range. The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the KM 185 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones
Neumann KM185 Stereo Set Features
- Set includes:
- 2 x Microphone KM 185 – Nickel
- 2 x Stand mount swivel SG 21/17
- 2 x Windscreen WNS 100
- Wooden box
- Trouble-free operation also with unbalanced equipment (e.g. DAT/CF recorders)
- Set includes windshield and two different microphone clamps
- Low Noise – 16dB A-weighted self-noise
- Varied Applications
- Especially for recording situations when it is necessary to attenuate off-axis sound (lateral and rear) from other nearby instruments.
- As XY stereo pair
- Overhead, toms
- To attenuate unwanted sound of nearby instruments
- Recording of speech, as in TV, movie and video productions, PA systems
- Produces especially warm and bass supporting sound for artists who perform in proximity effect range
Neumann KM185 Specifications
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure/Pressure gradient transducer
- Directional pattern: Hypercardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 10 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 15 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 70 dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 79 dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 142 dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Length: 107 mm