The MOTU Stage-B16 is a flexible stage box, rack-mount mixer and audio interface with studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz, powerful DSP for mixing and effects processing, and connectivity to a digital snake, audio network or host computer through AVB Ethernet or class-compliant high-speed USB 2.0.
You can operate the Stage-B16 as a stage box, stand-alone mixer or audio interface and control everything from MOTU’s innovative web app software running on an iPad™, iPhone™, tablet, smartphone and laptop. Like MOTU’s award-winning 1248 and 16A audio interfaces, the Stage-B16 delivers superb analog audio quality suitable for the most critical and demanding studio environments and the world’s biggest stages.
A sturdy, two-rackspace aluminum alloy chassis with optional handles provides the following front-panel connectors: sixteen studio-grade mic inputs with individual preamps and 48V phantom power, eight line-level analog outs on XLRs, four channels of AES/EBU digital output on two XLRs, a quarter-inch phone jack with volume knob and an EtherCon AVB Network connector. A bank of 26 LEDs provide signal activity and 48V phantom power status for all channels. The rear panel provides USB 2.0 for connection to a host computer (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS), MIDI IN and OUT connectors and an auto-switching international IEC power receptacle.
Powerful DSP delivers large console style mixing with 48 channels, 12 stereo busses, and 32-bit floating point effects processing, including modeled analog EQ, vintage compression and classic reverb.
With AVB networking technology, users can run mic signals over standard Ethernet cabling to a front-of-house mixing console up to 100 meters away, plus any other destinations on the network, such as a monitor mix console or a computer-based recording rig. For small- to mid-sized applications, the Stage-B16 takes care of all live sound mixing duties, controlled wirelessly from multiple laptops, tablets and smartphones.
The main features of the MOTU Stage-B16 include:
- Three products in one – 1) DSP-equipped stage box with AVB Ethernet “digital snake” connectivity, 2) 12-bus digital mixer with wireless control and 3) universally compatible audio interface for Mac and Windows.
- Studio-quality analog performance up to 192 kHz – For example, the XLR analog outputs produce 123 dB dynamic range.
- 16 studio-grade mic inputs – Each equipped with individual preamps, 48V phantom power and -20dB pad. Also includes eight analog outs on XLRs, 4 channels of AES/EBU output and phones.
- Precision Digital Trim™ – Digitally controlled analog preamp gain provides accurate adjustments in 1 dB increments from web app software running on your laptop, tablet or smartphone, with the ability to save gain settings.
- On-board DSP with mixing and effects – Flexible 48-input digital mixer modeled after large format mixing consoles, with 12 stereo busses and DSP effects, including reverb, 4-band EQ, gate, and compression.
- Web app control from any device – Control on-board DSP, mixing, device settings, and network audio routing from innovative web app software running in your favorite browser on a laptop, tablet or smartphone connected by wire or Wi-Fi to your local area network.
- Stand-alone operation with wireless control – Connect an Apple® Airport™ or other Wi-Fi router with a standard Ethernet cable for wireless control of device settings, powerful 48-channel mixing and DSP effects from your smartphone or tablet, without a computer.
- 32-bit floating point processing – The Stage-B16’s mixing and effects DSP engine delivers virtually unlimited headroom and the utmost in sound quality.
- Modeled vintage effects processing – Classic reverb. Compression modeled after the legendary LA-2A compressor. EQ modeled after British analog console EQs.
- System expansion – Add a 2nd MOTU AVB interface (1248, 8M, 16A, 24Ai, 24Ao, 112D or Monitor 8) with a simple CAT-5e ethernet cable. Connect up to five MOTU interfaces using a MOTU AVB Switch (sold separately).
- AVB audio networking – Build a network with multiple interfaces and computers using standard AVB switches and network cabling, with ultra-low network latency, even over long cable runs (100 meters point to point). Stream hundreds of audio channels among devices and computers on the network.
- Universal connectivity – Connects to your computer with standard AVB Ethernet or audio class compliant hi-speed USB 2.0 (compatible with USB 3.0 and iOS). Compatible with all audio software.
- AudioDesk – Includes AudioDesk workstation software for Mac and Windows with 24-bit recording, sample-accurate editing and 32-bit mixing and mastering.
There are no reviews yet.