Meet the new instrument plug-in powerhouse for your studio. Inspired by legendary subtractive synthesizers, the MOTU MX4 combines several core synthesis techniques in a unified, hybrid synthesis engine that delivers fresh and vintage sounds alike.
As you explore its many banks and hundreds of presets, you’ll soon rely on MX4 as your “go-to” instrument. Fat basses, nasty leads, analog pads, vintage electronica — it’s all at your fingertips and conveniently saved with your host application projects for instant recall.
Tweaking sounds is fast and easy with clearly presented controls in one window — but with a depth and sophistication true synth programmers will appreciate. Create your music with pristine 32-bit sound quality, unlimited voices and unlimited polyphony (as much as your host computer allows). MX4’s flexible programming and advanced modulation architecture provide the intimacy of a vintage synth, the flexibility of a modular synth, and the innovation of a virtual synth.
The main features of the MOTU MX4 include:
• Multi-architecture synthesis engine — wavetable, frequency modulation (FM), amplitude modulation (AM) & analog emulation.
• Unlimited voices, polyphony and instantiations (as many as your host computer allows). Sample-accurate playback (with host applications that support this OS X feature).
• Plug-in convenience — all settings are saved with host software projects for instant recall.
• Modulatable effects – built-in chorus, phaser, flanger, reverb, and delay effects are integrated into MX4’s modulation architecture and are saved as part of the patch.
• Three wavetable oscillators — choose from over 90 wavetables with or without aliasing.
• Audio input — process any audio signal with MX4’s flexible synthesis engine in real time.
• Modulatable waveform symmetry — create and automate dynamic changes in harmonics.
• Oscillator sync — create hard sync effects, just like the legendary Sequential Circuits Prophet Five™ and other classic polysynths.
• Frequency modulation (FM) — oscillator 3 serves as an FM source for oscillator 1, oscillator 2 and the filters.
• Two resonant multimode filters — use low-pass, high-pass, band-pass and notch filters with 4 slope settings for a total of 16 different filter types. Create a wide variety of vintage keyboard sounds. Or stack both filters for 48dB per octave.
• Variable Filter Topology™ — use 14 different filter and distortion configurations to produce over 3,000 different filter topologies, before you even begin tweaking filter parameters.
• Six variable waveshape LFOs — each includes adjustable symmetry, rate delay, fade & phase.
• Four DADSHR envelopes. Envelope time segments adjustable from 0 to 20 seconds.
• Modulation sources — all continuously variable parameters, including LFOs and envelopes, can be modulated by many sources, including track automation, MIDI controllers, LFOs & envelopes. Simply choose a source from a menu and then option-click the MX4 knob or fader that you wish to control with it.
• Open modulation architecture — each source can modulate an unlimited number of parameters simultaneously, providing the highest degree of programming flexibility possible. Conversely, any parameter can be simultaneously modulated by multiple sources.
There are no reviews yet.