The Millenia Media STT-1 Origin is a perfect go-to channel strip when you need a massive selection of tones without compromising audio quality. Not only is the complete signal path of the STT-1 Origin totally discrete, but it features Millennia’s exclusive Twin Topology design that combines two completely separate and discrete amplifiers (one solid state, the other tube) into the same chassis.
The STT-1 Origin’s signal processing section also offers completely independent tube and solid state paths, and the input transformer is bypassable — giving you control-freak dominion over your sound. Capturing the vitality of musical performances with STT-1 Origin is almost effortless.
The core concept behind Twin Topology is that by completely separating the tube preamplifier path from the solid state preamplifier path, their different ways of handling voltage will not add coloration to one another. Both of these paths are ultra-clean, which calls into question some of the common misconceptions many people hold about tube technology. Rather than the kind of tubes featured in other high-end audio equipment, the M-2B vacuum tubes in the STT-1 Origin are balanced in such a way as to introduce very little coloration to the signal.
An incredible selection of signal processing for total sonic control
The M-2B tube preamplifier is transparent, just like the solid state preamplifier, so why include both? The thing is that one kind of circuitry may be clean for one sound source, but not another. For example, on bass, the tube preamplifier can bring out some of the instrument’s depth and maintain a great deal of headroom as it keeps the signal clear, while the solid state preamp may be better suited for recording an amplified guitar. And Twin Topology is only the beginning of the vast sonic possibilities that the STT-1 Origin offers.
The main features of the Millenia Media STT-1 Origin Include:
- Over 130 optimized signal topologies
- Twin microphone preamps — M-2B vacuum tube or HV-3 discrete solid state
- Twin NSEQ-2 mastering-grade parametric equalizers — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Three optical compressor/limiter paths — TCL vacuum tube, discrete solid state, passive
- Twin optical De-Esser paths — vacuum tube or discrete solid state
- Vacuum tube or discrete solid state line level paths
- Input coupling with or without MIT-01 audio transformer
- 1/4″ vacuum tube DI input — route via tube or solid state gain path
- Effortless, lifelike musical performance at all levels
- Musically rich vacuum tubes available
- Gold audio connectors, tube sockets, relays and switches
- 3/8″ thick radius extruded aluminum face plate
- Durable black mirror-gloss anodized finish
- Military spec 16 gauge cold-rolled steel chassis
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis
- Hand machined aluminum knobs, illuminated IT&T pushbuttons
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver teflon power wiring
- True audio VU meter for output level or dynamics gain reduction
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!