The Maselec MEA-2 Mastering EQ is a stereo or 2-channel, four-band precision analogue equalizer with stepped Q/shelf, frequency and cut/boost controls on each band. It is designed for recording and mastering applications where ultimate sonic performance, musicality and precision are required.
The MASELEC MEA-2 is used by recording and mastering engineers that still use some analogue signal processing equipment, finding the familiar correlation between sound and control easier to work with. However, most analogue equalizers have either continuously variable controls, making precise adjustments difficult, or just a few course stepped controls. Many fail to meet the standards of audio performance consistent with digital delivery media. Through extensive research and the legacy of the highly acclaimed Maselec 9001 retrofit equalizer for SSL 4000 mixing consoles used in top film and recording studios, Prism Sound have produced the MASELEC MEA-2 Precision Stereo Equalizer. The MEA-2 was developed in association with engineer/producer Leif Mases. Leif’s work with a diverse range of artists including Abba, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath is demonstrated by the MEA-2’s design with the engineer in mind.
The Prism Sound MASELEC MEA-2 has had an evolutionary update in 2008, with subtle performance enhancements while retaining the character of the original.
The main features of the Maselec MEA-2 Mastering EQ include:
• Four separate shelf/bell switchable equalizer sections per channel
• Unique equalization characteristics, optimized through extensive listening tests
• Precision stepped controls for accuracy and repeatability
• Overlapping frequency ranges with 84 settings per channel
• Excellent channel-to-channel matching
• Interactive cut/boost and bandwidth controls for more natural operation
• Low noise and wide dynamic range
• Electronically balanced inputs and outputs
• Individual EQ sections are completely switched off when the gain controls are set to 0dB
• Full bypass when the power is turned off
All Maselec products are designed and developed by producer, recording engineer and studio owner Leif Mases.
His work with Jeff Beck, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, ABBA and others is reflected in the operation and performance of his comprehensive, high-quality designs.
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.