Lynx Studio Technology’s AES16e-SRC 192kHz Multichannel AES/EBU PCI Express Interface integrates digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and hard disk recorders with PCI Express-equipped computer-based workstations, while offering 16 channels of high quality sample rate conversion. The AES16e-SRC offers unprecedented AES/EBU channel capacity and routing flexibility in a x1 PCIe card format. With support for up to 16 channels of input and output at sample rates up to 192kHz, the AES16e-SRC turns your computer into a powerful digital router or patch bay with extensive flexibility with minimal cabling. Most importantly, the AES16e-SRC supports the single-wire 192kHz standard and is compatible with existing dual-wire AES/EBU devices. Up to eight AES16es can be installed in a single computer (Windows).
Offering a solution for jitter problems in AES signals, the AES16e-SRC incorporates Lynx word clock technology called SynchroLock that provides extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs. By coupling statistical analysis with low-noise clock generation techniques, SynchroLock is able to extract a very clean clock from AES signals affected by long cable lengths and other noise sources. The clock output of SynchroLock can also be used as a very accurate word clock source for other studio devices.
Glitch-free recording and playback is assured due to the AES16e-SRC ‘s large on-board buffers and extremely efficient zero-wait state DMA engine. These features provide tolerance to system latencies and significantly reduce load on the host CPU. Data transfer hardware and software are highly optimized to provide extremely low latencies for ASIO and other real-time applications.
The main features of the Lynx AES16e-SRC 192kHz AES-EBU Interface with SRC include:
- 16-channel AES/EBU Digital I/O
- X1 PCI Express Interface
- 16 Channels of sample rate conversion
- 192kHz/24-bit Single-wire and Dual-wire Modes
- SynchroLock word clock with Jitter Attenuation
- Multi-card Synchronization
- Powerful Mixing and Routing Engine
- Low-latency Drivers for Windows and Macintosh
- 24-bit AES/EBU format
- 16 I/O in single-wire mode; 8 I/O in dual-wire mode
- Expansion: LStream port provides 16 channels of ADAT I/O
- Clock source: digital inputs, internal and external clocks
- Zero Latency 32-channel / 32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outputs
- Multiple dither algorithms per channel
- Extremely low-jitter, tunable sample clock with SynchroLock Zero-wait state, 16-channel, scatter-gather DMA engine
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound, Direct Kernel Streaming and GSIF
- Macintosh OSX: CoreAudio