Based on JoeCo’s award-winning BlackBox Recorder technology, the new BlueBox BBWR08MP Workstation Interface Recorder is a new concept in recording. In a studio environment, the BBWR08MP can be used as a low latency audio interface device providing a full 24 channel interface at 24bit/96kHz both to and from a workstation simultaneously utilising the on-board recording function as a backup device. For Live work, the unit’s in-built 24 high-quality mic preamps can be used as a stand-alone, live, multi-channel audio acquisition recorder using the low latency 24channel, 24bit, 96kHz workstation interface to a computer for backup recordings.
The 24 high-quality microphone preamps, operate at up to 24bit/96kHz, and offer the user comprehensive control parameters. The BBWR08MP features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, with audio clocks locked to timecode, video, or word clock inputs. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors. System components are available individually or as part of a bundle.
Local audio is recorded direct to external USB2/3 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into a workstation. Alongside the BBWR08MP’s multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Full support for iXML data is also provided.
The BBWR08MP will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoControl on workstation itself or via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters – level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are displayed on high resolution meters.
The monitor mix can be adjusted in real time incorporating both local and workstation feeds giving the perfect mix for monitoring during recording. Expandable channel strips provide graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
The BBWR24MP’s compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of applications. Ideal for use in the studio, giving unprecedented access to your workstation for external summing mixer or full mixing board with multichannel record and overdub on workstation, as well as for live engineers needing a supremely portable multi-channel recording option.
The main features of the JoeCo BlueBox BBWR08MP include:
- 24 Inputs
- 8 Individual switchable 16 Line Ins
- 8 Balanced Outputs
- 2 Headphone Outputs
- 24 high-quality integrated mic preamps (24bit/96kHz operation)
- Low latency interface to workstation running at up to 24ch / 24bit / 96kHz in both directions simultaneously
- Core Audio and Windows drivers available
- 24-channel local recording or playback at up to 24bit/96kHz
- Microphone connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors
- Remote control, monitoring and set-up via JoeCoControl window on workstation or JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant data recovery. No file transfer necessary
- Synchronisation options: audio clock can be locked to timecode, word clock, video or AES3 (S/PDIF)
- Simultaneous stereo mixdown during recording
- Supports storing iXML data in BWAV files
- Can run off 12V power source for location use
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power or disk failure
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!