The HEDD BASS 08 is an active, 8″ active subwoofer with DSP. They excel in precise low frequency reproduction by newly developed drive units, excellent high power amplifiers and the use of linear phase (or FIR) filters down to 20 Hz. Furthermore they offer a satellite output that can influence the output (group delay) of the units to achieve a complete linear phase operation of satellite-sub systems – if HEDD monitors with switched on Lineariser are in place.
BASS 08 and BASS 12 are compatible with our previous generation of studio monitors.
CoP (Closed or Ported)
An innovative choice for the bass response nobody had offered before: removable plugs in the ports together with adapted FIR (Finite Impulse response) filtering allow optimum results in either operating mode.
Switchable HEDD Lineariser®
To avoid any phase errors within the low frequency reproduction down to 20 Hz in either mode (closed or ported). A complete Linear Phase operation down to 20 Hz is achieved with high resolution by using a separate clock for low frequencies.
Complete Linear Phase Satellite-Subwoofer systems
By applying switchable group delay at the satellite output. The potential listener distances between subwoofers and satellites can be compensated in .5 dB steps within a ± 2 m range, together with HEDD MK2 monitors a Linear Phase
satellite system can be installed for the first time.
Additional HEDD subwoofer features
- Switchable Low Pass filtering for use with diff. crossover frequencies including two LFE modes
- Switchable LF range normal/ extended (15% lower=less SPLmax) and a +10dB option for LFE
- AES interface input selector for analog, AES left, AES right or AES mono
- Input sensitivity pot. range -10 dB to + 4dB, so AD conversion can be optimised
- Gain: Analog pot from -12 dB to +12 dB
HEDD Bass 08 Specifications
- Woofer (honeycomb diaphragm): 8″ (2″ voice coil)
- Frequency response (-3dB): 24-80 Hz (var)
- Variable upper frequency limit: 40-120 Hz
- LF range (-3dB) – normal/extended: 24Hz/20 Hz
- LFE function (LowPass filter and +10 dB gain) LP 200 Hz / +10 dB
- Input 1: analogue stereo (2 ch) / Impedance 2 x XLR / 22 kΩ
- Input 2: AES “in” 1 x XLR
- Output: AES “through” 1 x XLR
- Output to satellites stereo (2 ch) highpassed @ 80 Hz L/R 4th order
- Satellite offset @ANALOG OUT ± 2m, in .5 m steps
- Input gain ±12dB
- Input sensitivity: 0 dB = 90dB SPL/1m -10/-4/0/+4 dB
- HEDD Lineariser®, disengage-able, delay: 30 ms
- Phase switch 0/90/180/270°
- Power Amplifier /Universal Mains 110-240 V 300 W ICEpower
- AD/DA Conversion 96kHz/32bit
- SPL max @ 1 m (half space) 105 dB SPL
- Cabinet with satin lacquer finish black
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 392 x 290x 400 mm
- Weight: 17
- warranty 2 years
Browse all HEDD products
Learn more about HEDD