Varis is a mastering grade, all tube, hand built point-to-point design vari-mu compressor. Feed back/Feed forward modes, independent triode and pentode output stages, dual-mono/stereo link operation, Attack/Release controls and two step HPF. Maybe the best sounding compressor you have heard. Seriously!
Dual-mono vari-mu compressor with push-pull circuitry design and Mid-Side
First of all, boy it looks good in the rack. But more over, there’s the circuitry that gives absolutely staggering sound, as smooth as it can be, with hugely valvey character and plenty of headroom to play with, not to mention exceptional control over compression. The thing is massive!
And in terms of mastering you can get 8-10 db of gain reduction and your program would still sound musical with no “compressor feeling”. Those who know how much it’s worth in mastering chain would appreciate this.
Mid-Side Option is now a Standard!
Precision rotary pots for fine level adjustment separately for triode and pentode modes of operation. Side-chain insert input on the back panel (TRS) and side-chain sensitivity switch.
Meters LED colour options available: red, green, blue, yellow, white.
Varis Technical Specification
- Input Impedance 600 Оhm Output Impedance 600 Оhm
- Nominal Level +4 dBu
- Max. Level +22 dBu
- Max. Amplification 10 dBu
- Output circuit pentode/triode (switch)
- Compressor Side chain Filter 75/150 Hz
- M-S Coding/decoding Transformer
- Attack 0.2 ….20 ms
- Attack Х2 (mult. switch) 0.4….40 ms
- Release 100ms….1s
- Release Х2 (mult. switch) 200ms….2 s
- Frequency range 16Hz … 22 kHz +/- 1dB
- Signal to noise ratio -91 dB
- THD at 1kHz and +16 dB less then 0.4%
- Power Supply 115/230V 50-60Hz
Learn more about Handcrafted Labs
Browse all Handcrafted Labs products