Handcrafted Labs – A Thermos EQ – A 4-Band Parametric Equaliser inspired by Barry Porter type EQ with number of exclusive added design features, top class input and output transformers (and additional transformerless output).
Each band has a Boost/Bypass/Attenuation switch and a multiplier switch to double the frequency selected (divider for High Band) as well as switchable Q and 9 dB of either boost or attenuation in 24 steps switch. Centre section incorporates High Pass filter with adjustable frequencies and slope (six fixed frequencies and 12dB/24dB to octave curve selector) and full Mid-Side coder/decoder with M-S solo buttons.
Incredibly surgical yet very musical and transparent, Thermos is an EQ you will not want to let go from your rack.
A Thermos EQ Technical Specifications:
- Input Impedance – 24 кОhm
- Output Impedance – 600 Оhm (transformer)
- Output Impedance -500 Оhm (transformerless)
- Nominal Level – +4dBu
- Maximum Level +22 dBu
- M/S Coder Circuitry Transformer based
Frequencies on bands:
- Bass @ 35,50,60,80,110,130,140,180,210,240,280,350Hz±8dB
- Low Mids @ 100,120,170,220,280,300,400,500,650,750,1K,3kHz±8dB Mids @ 580,750,900,1k,1.2K,1.5k,2k,3k,4k,5K,6.5K,8kHz±8dB
- Highs @3.5K,4.5k,5.6k,6.5k,7.8k,10k,12k,14k,16k,18k,20k,22kHz±8dB
- Each frequency band is equipped with a multiplier switch, which doubles selected frequency (Х2) and divides frequency by half (Х 0,5) for the High band.
- Boost/Cut Amplification +/- 8 dB
- Frequency Response 10 Hz…75 kHz. +/- 1 dBu
- Signal to Noise -91dBu
Harmonic Distortion at 1кГц
- on +16 dBu less then 0.1%
- Power/Voltage 115/230V 50-60Hz