The Great River ME-1NV Microphone Preamp is a desktop (and rackable) preamp with classic 70s vintage British circuitry.
The Great River ME 1NV has the ability to fine-tune gain effects like in the 1970’s and 1973 era. Transparency and vintage harmonic structure are both achieved with ME-1NV preamp.
The ME-1NV achieves new classic performance status with two discrete Class-A gain stages (a Great River exclusive). Also a front-panel DI input jack which is routed via FET through the input transformer (unique to Great River) for a must-hear-to-believe sound and a discrete high-current Class-A “big iron” transformer-coupled output amplifier.
The ME-1NV is a fundamentally important audio tool that brings out the best in every microphone and instrument.
The main features of the Great River ME-1NV Microphone Preamp include:
- Multiple In/Out connections: XLR balanced; 1/4″ -10dbV output for ‘no-latency’ DAW monitoring; high-Z input on front panel (disconnects mic input): TRS 1/4″ insert patch point for compressor or equalizer ahead of the output amplifier
- Adjustable gain stages: input in 5db steps to 60db; output from -25 to +10db; maximum overall gain 70db; 2 to 3 stages of single ended solid state amplifier gain blocks, depending on gain structure; high-current 70ma Class A bias on output stage
- Input and output meters on each channel (dual-stage metering is a Great River exclusive)
- Front panel switches: polarity; phantom power; input impedance (1200 / 300 ohm); output loading (600 ohm resistor across output transformer)
- High quality, custom wound Sowter transformers
- Gold plated switching contacts
- Internal power supply
- 110 or 220 volt operation with external selection, either 50 or 60 Hz
- Half-rack-space with internal power supply
Browse all Great River Electronics Products!
Learn more about Great River Electronics!
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!