The Genelec 8260A 3-way DSP Monitoring system is a masterpiece in electro-acoustic design which features major advances in audio driver technology integrated to a sophisticated enclosure design.
The genelec 8260A combines, for the first time, a coaxial driver (MDC) with a modern waveguide technology (DCW), ensuring drivers to couple coherently over their full operating bandwidth, as well as creating coincident mid-frequency/high frequency point source.
Genelec MDC Minimum Diffraction Coaxial Mid/High driver technology takes a big step in perfecting audio quality in professional active studio monitors. This breakthrough in coaxial driver design provides more accurate imaging and improved sound quality both on the acoustical axis as well as off-axis. The extremely smooth frequency response leads to outstanding clarity and definition of the inner details of the music.
The 8260A features Genelec DSP signal processing responsible for all loudspeaker functions, such as the crossover filters, driver equalizers, driver position alignment, room response alignment, calibration, and equalization related filters as well as distance compensating delays.
The Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM) software manages all these functions allowing the 8260A to be used together with other 8200 Series DSP monitors and 7200 Series subwoofers in the same setup. Genelec AutoCal automated room calibration and sound system alignment method provides consistent and accurate frequency response for a multichannel audio system in widely varying room environments.
The 8260A is housed in a die-cast aluminum Minimum Diffraction Enclosure (MDE) with acoustically optimized rounded edges to prevent diffractions and yielding superb sound stage imaging. The robust enclosure is also completely immune to vibrations.
Each 8260A also comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8260A includes integrated rear support points for various floor and wall stands.
The main features of the Genelec 8260A 3-way DSP Monitoring system include:
- Input format: Analog and Digital
- Input word length: 16 -24 bits
- Digital Input: AES/EBU (single/dual wire)
- Connector type: XLR female input
- Input sampling rate 32 -192 kHz
- Control network: Proprietary Genelec Loudspeaker Manager network (GLM)
- System calibration: AutoCal, GLM manual, Stand-alone
- Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz: =113 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material: =123 dB SPL @ 1m
- Bass driver: 10″
- Midrange: 5″ laminate cone
- Treble: 3/4″ coaxial Al-dome
- Crossover frequencies: 490 Hz, 3 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 29 Hz – 21 kHz (± 1 dB)
- Bass: 150 W
- Midrange: 120 W
- Treble: 120 W
- Speaker dimensions (H x W x D): 570 x 357 x 347 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 593 mm)
- Speaker weight: 27.5 kg (60.5 lb)