The Genelec 8050B 2-way Monitor, Matt Black Single is an extremely powerful and wide frequency range monitor speaker that really delivers a massive bass response.
With the ability to produce an SPL of over 120dB per pair, this monitor will appeal to those who want an extremely powerful, but accurate studio monitor. The frequency response of 38Hz to 20kHz will ensure a huge presence in terms of sound and has a 150 Watt amplified 8” bass driver and a 120 Watt amplified 1” tweeter.
Intelligent Signal Sensing (ISS) feature, reduces power consumption to less than 0.5 watts by automatically switching the active monitor to standby, when no audio signal has been detected for some time. When it receives an audio signal again, the loudspeaker turns back on.
ISS is fully compliant with the latest EU requirements and the ErP 2013 Directive for electronic devices. It is an excellent tool for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses. The sophisticated low level active crossover has versatile controls for matching the monitor to difficult acoustic environments.Dedicated very low distortion amplifiers power the drivers, with overload protection for each driver.
The stiff, volume efficient MDE™ (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure™ ) enclosure and long, curved, flow optimized reflex port combined with low distortion drivers provide solid, clear, low frequencies with a minimum of compression, distortion and port noise artefacts.
The gently curved sided and front MDE™ enclosure and advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide™ (DCW™ ) provide exceptionally smooth on and off axis frequency responses, precise imaging and optimal directivity across the whole audio spectrum.
Mounting of the 8050B is easy using the included Iso-Pod™ (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler™ ) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface. The monitor can be tilted on the Iso-Pod™ to point the acoustic axis directly at the listening position.
Other mounting options are possible using the integrated mounting point on the rear of the enclosure, or the M10 threaded hole on its base.
The main features of the Genelec 8050B 2-way Monitor include:
- Highly respected, Bi-amplified studio monitor system ideal for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses
- 2-way biamplified studio monitor with 270 Watts of power and an active crossover
- Magnetically shielded for use in close proximity to computer monitors
- Applications include traditional monitoring for large recording studios, broadcast and surround installations, mastering suites and TV and post-production houses
- Metal grille covering for drivers
- Rear panel Bass Reflex port
- Isolation Position/Decoupler(Iso-Pod) rubber speaker mount allows for precise vertical or horizontal speaker positioning, separates speaker from placement surface, eliminating rumble and other vibration related resonances
- Integrated rear support points for wall and floor stands, M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base
- Balanced XLR Input
- Versatile rear panel Treble and Bass Tilt and Bass Roll-Off tone control switches for optimizing speaker to acoustic character of room environment
- Transparent Overload Protection circuitry
- Switchable power supply for international use
- SPL (Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz): 110 dB SPL
- Maximum peak acoustic output (per pair) with music material: 120 dB SPL @ 1m
- 8 inch bass driver
- 1 inch metal dome HF driver
- Crossover frequency at 1.8 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 38 Hz – 20 kHz (+/- 2 dB)
- Amplifier power /ch: Bass 150 W and Treble 120 W
- Monitor dimensions (H x W x D): 433 x 286 x 278 mm (Height with Iso-Pod 452 mm) or 17 1/16 x 11 1/4 x 10 15/16 inches (Height with Iso-Pod 17 13/16 inches)
- Monitor weight 12.7 kg (28 lb)