Featuring AutoCal™ and GLM™ technologies, the 1238A SAM™ studio monitor is a Class D, tri-amplified monitoring system.
Genelec 1238A SAM studio monitor is the result of 35 years of experience in the design of powerful and accurate three-way systems together with state of the art AutoCal™ and Genelec Loudspeaker Manager (GLM™) control network technologies. GLM allows to automatically align every monitor on the network in terms of level, timing, and equalisation of room response anomalies. Typically flush mounted, the 1238A features a large Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW ™) which provides very precise on- and off-axis imaging even in challenging acoustic environments. It is the reliable monitor for recording studios, post-production houses, digital mastering facilities, radio and TV broadcasting.
The specifications of the Genelec 1238A Three-Way Smart Active Monitor include:
- Maximum sound pressure: 121 dB
- Frequency response: 30 Hz – 22 kHz (-6 dB)
- Accuracy of frequency response: ± 2.5 dB (35 Hz – 20kHz)
- Driver dimension: Woofer 15 in + Midrange 5 in + Tweeter 1 in, metal dome + DCW™
- Amplifier power: Woofer 500 W + Midrange 250 W + Tweeter 200 W
- Dimensions: H 810 x W 480 x D 420 mm / 32 x 18 9/10 x 1 1/2 in
- Weight: 57 kg / 126 lb
- Connectors: AES/EBU input, XLR / AES/EBU output, XLR / Analog input, XLR 10kOhm