The Focal Shape 50 Nearfield Studio Monitor is the versatile monitoring loudspeaker par excellence. This monitor can be used from 30″ away (80cm), and it has very extended low end frequency response (50Hz) considering its compact design. Thanks to this design and settings this monitor is ideal for rooms measuring less than 130ft2 (12m2).
The Shape series are all made in France and integrate five innovations to maximise acoustic transparency. Designed to meet the needs of nearfield monitoring, Shape range combines an ingenuous design and numerous settings optimised for the acoustics of small listening rooms.
These innovations provide remarkable acoustic transparency. They distinguish themselves through a wide and extremely precise stereo image, with an articulated and controlled bass register. The lower mid-range and mid-range benefit from extreme neutrality, and without any masking effects, making equalisation of these essential registers much easier. Finally, the new tweeter is what’s at the source of the very high definition. It efficiently reveals any hissing, and it’s also very precise in the very high end.
The main features of Focal Shape 50 Nearfield Studio Monitor includes:
- Tweeter with very low directivity for a flexible listening position
- Designed without a port, but with a double passive radiator, allowing it to be placed near a wall.
- Numerous settings for optimal integration
- Accurate control, even in the very high end
- Flax sandwich cone: controlled and articulated bass, natural and detailed lower mid-range and upper mid-range registers.
- Mounting mechanisms present on the back and underneath the loudspeaker: for installing on a table stand, a microphone stand, the ceiling or a wall (Mounting accessories not supplied).
- Frequency response (+/-3dB) – 50Hz – 35kHz
- Maximum SPL (musical signal) – 106dB SPL (peak @ 1m)
- XLR: balanced 10kOhms
- RCA: unbalanced 10kOhms with sensitivity compensation
- Midrange and Low frequency amplifier 60W, class AB
- High frequency amplifier 25W, class AB