The Empirical Labs EL9 Mike-E Microphone Preamplifier With Compressor is a Microphone Preamplifier that is digitally-controlled, with features to warm and soften your signal, along with a compressor/limiter.
The Empirical Labs EL-9 Mike E offers a performance transformer-coupled mic preamp, whose noise floor is well below any microphone’s self noise. The unique ‘CompSat’ section is a compressor and saturator circuit that offers versatile ‘colouring’ and a classic knee compression.
- Mic Preamplifier with super low noise & stepped gain switching.
- Built in ‘Direct Box’, called the ‘Inst In’, offers unparalleled distortion, noise, and frequency response when pre-amping instruments.
- ‘Coloured’ 80Hz High pass filter emulates the warm low frequency cut of our favorite vintage equalizers.
- Phase Switch to invert the audio signal 180 degrees.
- Exclusive CompSat™ Section: Offers both a musical Compressor/Limiter and a unique tape-like saturation circuit.
- Emphasis high-frequency emphasis system softens high frequency ‘pile-ups’ and further the creamy color of the Mike-E.
- Mix Control allows the blending of the Compressed/Saturated signal with the clean unprocessed “Dry” signal.
- Freq. Response is 3 Hz to 200 kHz on (No CompSat). CompSat is 3Hz – 150Khz. Optional Transformer output is 6Hz-80kHz.
- Signal to Noise – 130 dB signal to Noise.at 40dB gain. Maximum output is +28dBu.
- Distortion Ranges between .0006% and 15% depending on mode and settings.
- Transformer coupled Input, Active and Transformer Outputs available. High quality audio caps used internally.
- Input Impedance is 600 Ohms. Output impedance is less than 38 ohms.
- Attack/Decay Ranges – .9 – 100mS attack. .15 – 1 Sec.
- Power Consumption – 15 Watts Max.
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!