The Elysia Alpha Compressor is a mighty tool for professional dynamics processing. Featuring innovative functions with perfect technical implementation and an absolutely uncompromising quality of sound, it sets new standards for mastering applications and for cultivating any kind of audio material. It offers M/S processing, parallel compression as well as sidechain and audio filters, just to name a few.
The circuitry is a complete new development that provides an amount of openness and clarity which can hardly be found in present gear. Every single part of its signal processing is realized by using single transistors running in constant class-A mode, and even the sidechain and power supply use discrete circuits. All components are of the highest grade available and were exclusively chosen according to their tonal excellence.
These benefits result in an audio quality that is beyond all doubt. Even when extreme adjustments are used, the sound characteristics stay clean and powerful. Consequently the alpha compressor offers suitable settings for nearly any style of music and can always be employed in profitable ways. The enhanced functions exceed the potential of normal compressors by far and enable unimagined options for mastering and recording tasks.
The main features of the Elysia Alpha Compressor include:
- 100% Discrete Class-A
• The alpha compressor represents the art of discrete signal processing consequently. ICs have to stay out without any ifs and buts.
- Integrated M/S Matrix
• As an alternative to standard stereo operation you can process the mid and side signals, opening up completely new options for your work!
- Feed Forward & Feedback
• The type of compression can be chosen for each channel individually, making two different compressors available at the push of a button.
- Auto Fast
• A switchable semi automation that always provides perfect attack and release on the basis of the values set by the user – even with complex material.
- Audio Filter
• The Niveau Filter is specialized in forming the tonal characteristics of a track very effectively without much of an effort.
- Sidechain Filter
• The alpha compressor features on-board frequency selective compression. This avoids complex routings in favor of an effective workflow.
- Parallel Compression
• Also available directly on the unit: the direct and the compressed signal can be blended in any desired relation by simply turning the mix controller.
- Signal Matrix
• The direct and the processed signal can be monitored individually or together by the push of a button in each channel (left & right or mid & side).
- Soft Clip Limiter
• Tames short and loud transients and smoothens the signal peaks, and thereby protects following AD converters from clipping.
- Switchable Transformers
• The sound of iron: yes or no? Both! The alpha compressor makes this option switchable, so you can decide for each track individually.
- Analog Dynamic LED Meter
• The gain reduction meter modulates its LEDs in their brightness in order to show the compressor’s action in an analog way: fast and with smooth transitions.
- Passive Current Attenuator
• The alpha’s custom discrete gain reduction cell provides extreme speed, enormous bandwidth and superior sound.
- T16 Heater
• This system keeps sensitive parts of the discrete circuitry at a stable temperature and thus protects them against parameter aberrations.
- Stepped & Matched Potentiometers
• All potentiometers on the alpha compressor have 23 steps and are matched to build stereo pairs by a software routine that has been written just for this purpose.
- VOVOX Sound Conductors
• The internal audio cabling is also no place for compromise. By the use of VOVOX solid core the sound remains vivid, dynamic and punchy.
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.