The QTC40 (Quiet Time Coherent) is designed for recording a number of sources to an exceptionally high standard. The wide dynamic range of strings, choirs, and orchestras are captured and reproduced with uncanny accuracy and detail. Earthworks have a reputation for realism based on these distinctive omnis. Their degree of clarity is unparalleled. The Time Coherent Response means these models do not smear the time domain as most microphones do. Earthworks microphones have exceptional impulse response and diaphragm settling time. QTC microphones handle sound levels up to 142dB with no proximity effect or handling noise.
The Quiet Time Coherent QTC40 (same as QTC1) has often been labelled the most accurate recording microphone available. For classical location recording a matched pair will provide spectacular results. It is ideal for quieter, more detailed sources and does not have most of the problems and limitations generally associated with competitive microphones. Its impulse response and diaphragm settling time is exceptional. Its sound is uncolored and it has no handling noise.
The QTC40 is the microphone of choice for demanding professionals in studio and remote recording. No serious recording studio or recordist should be without one.
- Matched Pair – This stereo set of Earthworks QTC40 microphones are perfectly matched in sensitivity and frequency response from the manufacturer. The matched pair is intended for stereo applications such as ambience, orchestral and choir capturing.
- Ultra Wide Frequency Response – The QTC40 exhibits a frequency response of 4Hz to 40kHz resulting in impressively detailed signal reproduction
- High Definition and Detail – uncanny accuracy and detail without noise. Perfect for 192kHz resolution recording
- High SPL Handling – The QTC40’s high SPL (142dB) provides incredible headroom which further minimizes noise due to peak distortion and excessively loud signals at close proximity
- Fast Transient Response – The prepolarized condenser capsule is capable of capturing signals rich in transient peaks without noise due to distortion
- Omnidirectional Polar Pattern – The omni pattern provides rich, consistent detail at the off and direct sections of the capsule
- Frequency response: 4Hz to 40kHz +/- 1dB
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Sensitivity: 30mV/Pa (Typical) -30.5 dBV/Pa
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak Acoustic Input: 142dB SPL
- Output: XLR (PIN 2+)
- Output Impedance: 100 Ohms balanced (50 Ohms each pin 2 and 3)
- Minimum Output Load: 600 Ohms between pins 2 and 3
- Noise: 22dBA equivalent, 24.5 dB (unweighted)
- Dimensions: L x D 229 x 22 mm (9 x .860 inches)
- Matched pair Shipping weight: 1.81kg (4lb)
- Includes: Wooden Box