The Earthworks PM40 PIANOMIC SYSTEM 48 volt phantom powered. The ultimate piano microphone system that will change piano miking forever.
The Earthworks PM40 PIANOMIC SYSTEM required the design of unique high definition microphones. Virtually all microphones used for recording and sound reinforcement are “free field” microphones, designed to pick up sounds in front of them. In contrast, the microphones in the PM40 PianoMic System are actually placed within the sound field of the piano, where sound is coming at the microphones from multiple sources and multiple directions. Each string is a separate sound source and the soundboard is also a sound source. In addition, there are multiple reflections of each sound source from the soundboard, piano sides and piano lid. These reflections, arriving from different angles, create what is known as a “diffuse sound field.” A “random-incidence” microphone is designed to be placed within such a diffuse sound field and pick up sounds uniformly, whether they arrive at the front, the sides or the rear of the microphone. The PM40 PianoMic System achieves much of its remarkable performance through the use of specially designed, 40kHz random-incidence High Definition Microphones. Conventional miking practices suggest that a piano must be miked from outside to achieve a good sound, and that a good piano sound cannot be achieved with closely placed microphones inside the piano, especially with the lid closed. When you listen to the incredible results achieved using the PianoMic System (at fullstick, half-stick or lid closed), you will realize how unique and groundbreaking it actually is.
- Excellent overall piano sound with uniform level from all strings
- Superb sound with the piano lid up or down
- Tremendous gain before feedback
- Minimal leakage from other instruments surrounding the piano (with piano lid closed)
- Microphones are not visible from outside the piano
- Frequency Response: 9Hz – 40kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni directional (random-incidence)
- Sensitivity: 15mV/Pa (-36 dBV/Pa)
- Power Requirements: 48V Phantom, 10mA
- Peak Acoustic Input: 148 db SPL
- Output: XLR3 (Pin 2+)
- Min. Output Load: 600 ohms between pins 2 and 3
- Maximum Output Level: +30 dBV (peak)
- Noise: 22 dBA
- Mic Gooseneck Length: 4.75 inches
- Dimensions: 64 inches fully extended, 46 inches fully collapsed
- Product Weight – Mic Assembly: 0.75lb (350g), External Electronics Box: 1.5lb (700g)
- PianoMic System Model PM 40 includes: 1 – PianoMic telescoping bar with attached microphone, 1 – Microphone electronics box, 1 – Leather pouch for electronics box, 1 – Mic stand mounting bracket for electronics box, 2 – Ears for the mounting bracket, 2 – Screws for the ears & bracket, 4 – Foam pads with adhesive backing, 1 – User##SIN##s Manual for PianoMic System, 1 – Aluminium Carrying case, 1 – High Definition Microphones Demo CD
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.