The EARTHWORKS 521 ZDT 500-SERIES MIC PREAMP is a high quality microphone preamp for 500-series format using on David Blackmer’s Zero Distortion Technology.
The EARTHWORKS 521 ZDT 500-SERIES MIC PREAMP delivers the same sonic performance as its 1U rack counterpart, with high precision and pristine preamplification. The 500-series mic preamp features a switchable phantom power, polarity invert, and peak amplitude peak detection, a similar feature found on the rack version of the ZDT Preamp series. Transparent gain is provided up to 60dB in 5dB increments.
The solid-state mic preamp features a superior common mode rejection and overload margin as well as an incredibly low noise floor. The 521 ZDT has an ultra-wide bandwidth from 1Hz all the way up to 200kHz +/-0.5dB and extremely low distortion; less than 0.0001%. This ensures an exceptional performance and transparency. With a wide range of impedances applied, the Earthworks is ideal with any microphone be it dynamic, ribbon or condenser.
The main features of the EARTHWORKS 521 ZDT 500-SERIES MIC PREAMP include:
- Clean, uncolored 500 series preamplifier for standard 500 series racks (required; sold separately)
- Zero distortion, less than 1 ppm (>0.0001%)
- Solid state, transformerless
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity invert switch
- Peak amplitude clip detection
- Transparent gain switchable from 5 to 60 dB in 5 dB steps
- High output level of +30 dBu
- Fully differential (balanced) from input to output (i.e., no internal conversion to single-ended)
- All discrete components; Class A amplification (no ICs and electrolytic capacitors in signal path)
- Greater transparency with minimum signal path and features
- Low noise floor
- Wide bandwidth
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.