The Ear Trumpet Labs Louise Hand Made Condenser Microphone combines her 1930s broadcast stylistic heritage with modern transparent sound designed specifically for live micing small acoustic groups.
Ear Trumpet Labs Louise is designed to maintain a consistent, full sound from six inches to three or four feet distant, with an exceptionally natural tone. Cardioid pickup pattern (directional) with great rejection of off-pattern sound makes for easy use in a live mix, with the best feedback rejection available for this purpose. Extremely stylish, yet unobtrusive when in use.
The chrome pivoting joint between the ring and body is an elegant visual touch and allows for extra flexibility in placement. The open basket and capsule suspension allows a remarkably clear, vivid, detailed sound that works great in studio recordings too.
The main features of the Ear Trumpet Labs Louise Hand Made Condenser Microphone include:
- Hand made microphone with unique appearance.
- Large (26mm) diaphragm condenser capsule with a cardioid pickup pattern.
- Tea-ball head basket capsule assembly spring-mounted in a 6-inch chrome ring.
- Pivoting joint between ring and body allows convenient positioning.
- Internal multilayer silk and foam pop filter, for plosive protection without sacrificing clarity.
- Transformerless FET fully balanced electronics – very quiet and clean.
- Highest quality hand-wired electronic components – film caps, precision resistors, hand tested and matched transistors, with component values tuned for the individual circuit.
- Body fits standard microphone clips.
- Dimensions: 12″ x 6″ x 2 3/8″
- Metal tool case with foam padding included, 15″ x 10″ x 4 1/2″.
- Requires 48V phantom power.