The D.W. Fearn VT-12 vacuum tube 70dB microphone preamplifier is designed to accommodate the low output level of ribbon and dynamic microphones. It can also be used with condenser microphones. Our VT-1 and VT-2 Vacuum tube microphone Preamplifiers are optimised for condensers.
The VT-12 is very similar to our VT-2, but with higher gain (the VT-2 has 53dB of gain). We use the same custom Jensen transformers and the same sonic philosophy as the VT-2. So the trademark sound is there – definitely in the D.W. Fearn family of products.t To make the VT-12 more versatile, we include provision for phantom powering condenser microphones. But since many engineers are concerned about possible damage to ribbon mics if phantom power is accidentally applied, we have a rear panel switch that disables all possibility of applying phantom power. The front panel “+48” switches are inoperative in this mode, and a dual red/green indicator displays the status; green for disabled phantom power, off when phantom power is available but not turned on and red when phantom power is turned on.
The main features of the D.W. Fearn VT-12 include:
- Frequency response: +0.25dB 20Hz-20kHz (-3dB at 0.5Hz and 60kHz)
- THD+noise: <0.3% 20Hz-20kHz
- Noise: <-72dBu, unweighted
- Input load impedance: 1500 ohms
- Maximum input level for 1% THD at 20Hz: -25dBu (-5dBu with pad)
- Maximum gain: 70dB
- Input: transformer balanced
- Output: transformer balanced
- Maximum output level: +22dBu into 20k ohm bridging load
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.