The DPA 4088-B Adjustable Miniature Cardioid Headband Microphone, Black. Highly regarded by engineers, perfect where background noise and feedback is a concern.
The DPA 4088-B is a miniature cardioid headband built on the finest DPA experiences in microphone design and manufacturing, providing the best sounding directional headworn microphone available today for performing talent of various sorts. Open, natural and reliable are the most describing words for this microphone. The high quality of the microphone itself means, that you will hear the sound of the voice right away – not the microphone. In acoustically demanding live performance environments, where background noise and feedback is a concern, the 4088 will tackle these challenges with ease. The smooth and elegant design of the 4088 makes it the most invisible headworn cardioid microphone today. Sound quality, visual elegance and versatility go hand in hand to transform every show into the performance of a lifetime. The capsule is a pre-polarized first order pressure gradient transducer, hidden in a small and lightweight housing with dimensions just slightly larger than DPA’s omni capsules. The mechanical design is based on the proven build quality of the 4066 headband microphone. The headband mount is exactly the same; the boom however is 3 centimetres longer, to be able to match the need for placement at the corner of the mouth. The flexibility and stability of this construction is unique and has no equal. Type 4088-B is the black version of the 4088. A beige version, 4088-F, is also available.
- High SPL capabilities for a miniature microphone
- Flexible microphone used for speech and vocals in Broadcast, Stage and Television
- DUA0560 Windscreens, Black, 5 pcs included
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarised condenser element with vertical diaphragm
- Power supply: Min. 5 V – max 50 V through DPA adapter
- Frequency range, ™ 2 dB: 100 Hz – 20 kHz (between 500 Hz and 20 kHz; 4-6 dB soft boost at 15 kHz)
- Directional characteristics: Cardioid
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 26 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 28 dB(A))
- Equiv. noise level ITU-R BS.468-4: Typ. 38 dB (max. 40 dB)
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1% THD up to 123 dB SPL peak
- Preamplifier frequency range: 20 Hz to 50 kHz (+0 dB/-3 dB)
- Output impedance: 30 – 40 Ohm
- Cable drive capability: Up to 300 m (984 ft)
- Capsule diameter: 5.5 mm (0.25 in)
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 144 dB
- Weight: <14 g (0.5 oz) incl. cable and MicroDot connector
- Cable length: 1.2 m (3.9 ft)
- Cable colour: Black
- Colour: Black
- Dynamic Range: Typ. 97 dB
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 68 dB(A)
- Connector: MicroDot
- Sensitivity, nominal, ™ 3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; 44.5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to auditions a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demoonstrations for our range of botique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.