The Audio-Technica AT4081 is built for long-lasting performance and is ideal for both studios and live-sound environments.
Delivering the warmth and natural sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4081 offers a robust build for long-lasting performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers. With its low-profile stick design, this microphone is a natural for use on a wide range of instruments (horns, strings, drum overheads, orchestras and more) and guitar cabinets in recording studios and live-sound settings.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the Audio-Technica AT4081 microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
The main features of the Audio Technica AT4081 include:
- Low-profile stick design maximizes placement options
- Smooth, warm and natural sound tuned for instrument reproduction
- Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending including proprietary MicroLinear ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Superfine mesh guards against ribbon damage
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Element: Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 30-18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -42 dB (7.9 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 25 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typcial): 125 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 69 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 152 g (5.4 oz)
- Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10″) long, 21.0 mm (0.83″) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: AT8471 isolation clamp for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter; windscreen; protective carrying case
Browse all Audio Technica products
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.