The Audio-Technica AT4080 achieves the coveted ribbon microphone sound while solving the problems of fragility and low output that have historically plagued ribbon mics.
Delivering the warm, smooth sound of a classic ribbon microphone, Audio-Technica’s handcrafted AT4080 Active Ribbon Microphone offers a robust build for long-lasting, reliable performance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers.
Equally at home in recording studios and live-sound settings, the Audio-Technica AT4080 microphone features Audio-Technica’s innovative MicroLinear ribbon imprint, which protects the dual ribbons from lateral flexing and distortion. With 18 patents pending, Audio-Technica’s innovative ribbon transducer advances the evolution of ribbon microphone design. Experience the difference.
The main features of the Audio Technica AT4080 include:
- Smooth, warm and natural high-fidelity sound for professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Groundbreaking Audio-Technica ribbon design with 18 patents pending
- Proprietary MicroLinear™ ribbon imprint for superior durability
- Innovative dual ribbon construction for increased sensitivity
- Extremely powerful N50 neodymium magnets for high output level
- Ultra-fine mesh helps protect against ribbon damage
- Classic bidirectional (figure-of-eight) polar pattern picks up sounds equally from the front and back of the element
- High-SPL capability and extended frequency response
- Extended frequency response for natural audio reproduction
- Acoustic baffle system and extra large output transformer provide natural low-frequency response and extended dynamic range
- Handmade production – including ribbon corrugation, imprint and assembly
- Open acoustical environment of the housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- Phantom-powered active electronics provide stable impedance and higher output for maximum compatibility with microphone preamplifiers
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Element: Ribbon
- Polar Pattern: Figure-of-eight
- Frequency Response: 20-18,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: –39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedancet: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Noise: 22 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (Typcial): 128 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 3.0 mA typical
- Weight: 474 g (16.7 oz)
- Dimensions: 177.5 mm (6.99″) long, 53.4 mm (2.10″) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories: AT8449/SV shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.