The Audio Technica AT4050SM Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone features three switchable polar patterns, exhibiting a remarkable combination of qualities: high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities.
An established favourite with recording and broadcast engineers, the Audio Technica AT4050SM`s dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged for consistent, outstanding performance. A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides rock-solid element stability and exceptional sensitivity.
The Audio Technica AT4050SM is ideal for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
The main features of the Audio Technica AT4050SM include:
- Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
- Dual- diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of- eight
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T’s stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Includes AT8449 shock mount
- ELEMENT: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- POLAR PATTERNS: Cardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure-of-eight
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-18,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: -36 dB (15.8 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- IMPEDANCE: 100 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- NOISE: 17 dB
- DYNAMIC RANGE (typical): 132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- SWITCHES: Polar selection; Flat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- WEIGHT: 18.0 oz (510 g)
- DIMENSIONS: 7.40″ (188.0 mm) long, 2.10″ (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTORS: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; microphone dust cover; protective carrying case
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.