Audio Technica AT4033A – The AT4033 cardioid condenser microphone has been considered an essential product in most professional recording studios since 1991, when it became the first high-quality studio microphone released for under $1000, at a time when most competing products were retailing for around $2000. The internal electronics of the original version have been somewhat modified with the arrival of the AT4033a, as has the capsule suspension system, in order to maximise the reduction of any adjustment noises or vibrations. With its low noise (17dB SPL), high sensitivity and high tolerance to high sound pressure levels (up to 155dB with the 10dB pad), the AT4033a has an excellent quality / price / performance ratio that remains competitive to this day.
Audio Technica AT4033a – the legend, the revolution
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides excellent transient response
- Low-cut filter 80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragm undergoes a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use
- AT8449a shock mount included
- Made and assembled in Japan. Lifetime guarantee*
Element: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarised condenser
Polar Pattern: Cardioid
Frequency Response 30 – 20 000 Hz
Low Frequency Roll Off 80 Hz, 12 dB/Octave
Open Circuit Sensitivity: -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!