The preamp lets you select the ideal impedance for your microphone, and a variable high-pass filter lets you roll off lows starting anywhere between 10Hz and 250Hz. A +20dB toggle lets you kick up the gain (perfect for ribbon mics), and you can even spice up the Pro Channel II’s tone by upping the tube voltage.
ART Pro Channel II is also great for instruments. Plug your guitar or bass into its high-impedance input, and it instantly bypasses the mic pre. That gives you full access to Pro Channel’s compressor and EQ sections without coloring your sound.
The compressor in ART’s Pro Channel II is modeled after the classic optical compressors of the ’60s and ’70s. On its more gentle settings, it lets you ease off changes in volume – perfect for smoothing out vocals and evening out the levels of your stems. You can turn up the ratio for limiting, and individual attack and release controls also make the Pro Channel II’s compressor great for shaping the transients of bass lines, kick drums, and much more.
If you’re looking for console-style control over your sound, then you’re going to love the Pro Channel II’s equalizer section. ART gave this channel strip a highly flexible semi-parametric EQ, complete with selectable low and high shelving bands and a pair of adjustable mid-frequency bands. This let you use the Pro Channel II to get great sound even out of the most demanding sources.
The main features of the ART Pro Channel II Microphone Preamp, Compressor and EQ include:
- Highly versatile and affordable channel strip
- Tube microphone preamplifier gives you transparent sound with the perfect touch of warmth
- Variable impedance input lets you get the most out of any microphone
- hi-Z instrument input bypasses the mic pre, letting you process guitar and bass directly, without extra coloration
- Onboard opto compressor provides ultra-smooth dynamics processing
- A full set of compression controls lets you shape transients and take hold of your dynamics
- Console-style equalizer lets you tweak your tone to perfection
- Pre-compressor and pre-equalizer insert points make integrating your outboard gear easy
- Analog VU meter and LED level displays let you keep an eye on your volume and gain reduction
- Balanced XLR and unbalanced 1/4″ outputs let you connect the Pro Channel II to virtually any interface, mixer, or amplifier
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!
There are no reviews yet.