The AML ez1073-500 Series Microphone Preamp Module is a Class A, mic pre-amp, line amp and EQ/Filter module which occupies two slots in a 500 series rack. In addition, the AML ez1073-500 Series is fully populated with Carnhill transformers and inductors to achieve its distinctive classic sound. This high-end hand-built British module provides an affordable solution for the modern cost conscious studio.
The main features and highlights of the AML ez1073-500 Series Microphone Preamp Module include:
- Classic 3 stage (Class A) amplifier design
- All discrete component (no surface mount devices)
- Entirely hand assembled and tested in the England to exacting quality standards.
- Mic Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9045) +10dB to +65dB gain, rotary switchable in 5dB steps and switchable 300/1200 Ohm impedance input.
- Line Input: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic VTB9046) – 20dB to +20dB, rotary switchable in 4dB steps (centre 0dB), 10k Input Impedance
- Line Output: Carnhill transformer balanced (Classic full size output transformer)
- EQ/Filter Stage: 3 inductor (Class A) amplifier design
- HF (12kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- MF (switchable; 360Hz, 700Hz, 1.6kHz, 3.2kHz, 4.8kHz & 7.2kHz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- LF (switchable; 35Hz, 60Hz, 110Hz & 220Hz) +/- 16dB gain continuously variable
- Low Pass Filter (switchable; 50Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz & 300Hz) -18dB per Octave
- Phantom and polarity switches
- The XLR behind the left hand side is the Mic Input
- The XLR behind the right hand side is the Line Input
- The output is duplicated on both of the output XLRs
- Stainless steel chassis
- Total current consumption 110mA (per unit)
- For use in API (and compatible) Lunchbox and VPR500 racking systems
Learn more about Audio Maintenance Limited
Kazbar Systems Product Demonstration Services:
Contact us to arrange your demo now!