The A Designs KGB-II is a single-ended, high input impedance, discrete audio pre-amp designed for high impedance, unbalanced outputs such as: guitar, bass guitar, and electronic keyboards.
Just as a low impedance, balanced pre-amp is needed, (designed for use with microphones), a pre-amplifier designed for use with unbalanced high impedance instruments is also required. The KGB Series contains high voltage, discrete op-amps with balanced output transformers by Cinemag, Inc.
A Designs KGB-II Overview
The KGB-II is a two-channel, solid state unit that allows use of both channels for stereo recordings or live performances. This works well with stereo output instruments such as: keyboards or stereo guitar pickups. For bass players, there is freedom to use two basses in a live performance, simply by picking up the other bass and playing without any delay between songs.
KGB-II and KGB-Itf features
- – All Metal Chassis
- – Discrete Custom Designed Operational Amplifiers
- – Milled Aluminum Knobs
- – Phase Reverse Toggle Switches
- – Cinemag Transformer Balanced Outputs
- – XLR Gold Neutrik Output Connectors
- – Switchcraft 1/4″ Phone Input Jacks
- – 1% Metal Resistors
- – Blue Led Power Indicator
- – 4 Rubber Feet
- – External 20-24VAC Power Supply (supplied US only)
- – Input Gain Select Switches
- – Phase Reverse Switches
- – Ground Lift Switch
- S/N: Better than 90db (shorted input)
- Output: Transformer Balanced +4 @ 600 ohms
- Power: 20-24VAC Rated, External
- Gain: Low = 70db / High = 90db (2 kHz source @ .775V)
- Gain: Low = 35db / High = 60db (2 kHz source @ .09mv)
- Sensitivity: Lower than .09mv @ 2 kHz
PRODUCT DEMONSTRATION SERVICES @ KAZBAR SYSTEMS
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you’re in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!