UAD API 560 Graphic EQ & 550A EQ
Designed by API’s Saul Walker in the late 60’s, the 550A and 560 modular EQs featured Walker’s signature 2520 op-amp and proportional Q circuitry. For the API 500 Series EQ Plug-In Collection, UA’s industry-leading circuit modeling team expertly captured the filter shapes, band interactions, and unique filter amplifier clipping behaviors of vintage API 550A and 560 units to exacting detail. The result is tight, low-frequency imaging that gives users that legendary API punch.
Additionally, the API 500 Series EQ Plug-In Collection includes presets from several famed engineers and producers, including Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, R.E.M., Ziggy Marley), Vance Powell (Jack White, Red Fang, The Dead Weather), Eli Janney (Jet, Ryan Adams, Wilco), Jeff Juliano (John Mayer, Shinedown, Train), Carl Glanville (U2, Billy Joel, Jason Mraz), and Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg).
“With the blessing and assistance of API and the hard work of our top-notch DSP team, we’re proud to be releasing industry-leading emulations of the API 550A and 560 EQs,” says CEO and Founder, Bill Putnam, Jr. “We’re thrilled to be adding the iconic API sound to the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform.”
API 500 Series EQ Collection features include:
- Superior, licensed plug-in emulations of the most enduring API 500 Series EQs
- API 550A discrete, 3-band bell/shelf filter set
- API 560 discrete, 10-band graphic filter set
- Models entire electronic path, including custom API 2520 op-amps and transformers, band interactions, and internal clipped filter nonlinearities
- Licensed and endorsed by Automated Processes Inc.
- Includes presets from famed users Ross Hogarth, Jeff Juliano, Carl Glanville, Darrell Thorp, Vance Powell, and Eli Janney
New Updated LA-2A Classic Levelling Amplifier plugin
The original LA-2A hardware — still hand-built at UA headquarters in Scotts Valley, California — is an audio industry icon, bringing smooth, warm compression to anything it touches, especially vocals. With the new LA-2A Classic Leveler Plug-In Collection, Universal Audio modeled the entire electronic path of three highly coveted hardware units — “Silver,” “Gray,” and the original LA-2 model — providing the most authentic plug-in emulations available of this iconic compressor.
“While our original LA-2A plug-in provided a breakthrough rendition of the original hardware, we’ve learned a lot about analog emulation over the past 10 years,” explained Bill Putnam Jr., Founder and CEO of Universal Audio Inc. “Our new Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection adds tube amplifier and transformer modeling, improvements in T4 gain reduction nonlinearities, and superior time constant behaviors. Put simply, these are the most musical and authentic LA-2A emulations ever created.”
The Bill Putnam-era LA-2A “Silver” model features a fast time constant, making it suitable on all sources, including drums and percussion. The Jim Lawrence-era LA-2A “Gray” model maintains an average time constant, providing a range of “medium-speed” compression. Finally, the LA-2 plug-in models the rarest of original Teletronix units, providing a super-slow compression response and a unique “mellowed” sound due to 50 years of luminescent panel aging.
Additionally, the LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection plug-ins includes presets from famous LA-2A users, including Ross Hogarth (Van Halen, R.E.M., Ziggy Marley), Carl Glanville (U2, Billy Joel, Jason Mraz), Darrell Thorp (Beck, Radiohead, Charlotte Gainsbourg), Vance Powell (Jack White, Red Fang, The Dead Weather), and Jeff Juliano (John Mayer, Shinedown, Train).
Teletronix LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection features include:
- Superior plug-in emulations of revered Teletronix LA-2A Leveling Amplifier
- Includes three historic versions: LA-2A Silver, LA-2A Gray, and original LA-2 — each with their own distinctive sonic attributes
- Models entire electronic path — including transformers, tube amplifiers, and luminescent cell aging process — for unmistakable analog color and character
- Easy-to-use Peak Reduction and Gain controls
- Includes plug-in presets from famous LA-2A users Ross Hogarth, Jeff Juliano, Carl Glanville, Darrell Thorp, and Vance Powell
- Ideal optical compression sound for vocals, bass, drums and more
With the addition of renowned Softube Amp Room plug-ins to the UAD platform, owners of UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware now have industry-leading guitar and bass amp modeling at their fingertips. And, when used with the award-winning Apollo Audio Interface, the Softube Amp Room plug-ins allow musicians and producers to jam, write, and record through stunning guitar or bass sounds with near-zero latency.
“We’re delighted to see our very popular Amp Room products finding their way to the UAD platform,” says Softube Product Manager, Niklas Odelholm. “They are a perfect match for Apollo, where you can use Amp Room for directly recording guitar, bass, electric pianos, and other instruments through these world-class amplifiers.”
Available as part of an upcoming UAD Software release, the following plug-ins and bundles will be available for purchase via UA’s Online Store:
Softube Vintage Amp Room
- Three versatile and classic vintage amps from the 1960s
- White amp model delivers classic, distorted rock n’ roll grit
- Brown amp model provides warm clean tones, breaking up at higher volumes
- Green amp model offers chimey-to-distorted tones, plus vibrato/tremolo
- Detailed speaker cabinet modeling with adjustable stereo mic positioning
Softube Metal Amp Room
- Extreme high gain amplifier model delivers burly, aggressive metal guitar sound
- Two speaker cabinet models with fully adjustable stereo mic positioning
- Fast, program-dependent one-knob noise gate — ideal for palm muting
Softube Bass Amp Room
- Superior model of a versatile 1970s bass amplifier
- Thick, solid preamp distortion and power amp distortion at extreme settings
- Includes three distinctive speaker cabinets (Classic, Rocker, and Oddbird) with adjustable stereo mic positioning
- Separate DI controls allow for blending of direct vs. amped signal
Softube Amp Room Bundle
- The ultimate collection of Softube Amp Room plug-ins for UAD-2 and Apollo hardware
- Vintage Amp Room showcases three iconic guitar amps from the 1960s
- Metal Amp Room adds raw, aggressive metal guitar sound to any recording
- Bass Amp Room delivers the dead-on sound of a classic 1970s bass amp
Softube Acoustic Feedback Deluxe
- True physical modeling of rich, inspiring guitar feedback effect
- Fully responsive to vibrato, bends, slides, and more
- Simple controls for level, tolerance, harmonics and subharmonics
Universal Audio Apollo Multi-Unit Support
For all existing Apollo Duo or Apollo Quad users or users who are considering their first audio interface or even upgrading and need more inputs and outputs, Universal Audio have just boosted the appeal of the Apollo range further by adding Mult-Unit support, available for download during the first half of 2013.
This connectivity is via the onboard Firewire connection or the optional Thunderbolt connection. When connected, the digital inputs of the Apollo‘s will also be available as well as the Pre Amps and analogue inputs and outputs as well as doubling your DSP power.
Universal Audio products and the Apollo Duo & Quad Audio Interfaces available from:
Kazbar Systems Pro Audio Sales