Moog Werkstatt-01 Analogue Synthesizer Kit
The Moog Werkstatt 01 Analogue Synthesizer is a one oscillator semi-modular monosynth that comes in a simple kit form, it features a simple voice architecture based around classic Moog subtractive synthesis and is the cheapest way to get that fat Moog sound you know and love. It's ideal for synth ethusiasts, your first synthesizer or for an electronics project as it's easily modified.
With a simple control layout and basic signal path The Moog Werkstatt is a great synth for beginners who want to get into synthesis. The voice architecture is made up of a single VCO (Voltage controlled ocillator) with a nine octave frequency range, it is capable of producing both square and saw waveshapes and features pulsewidth modulation for the squarewave pulsewidth, with the PW or pith being able to be modulated by the LFO (Low frequency ocillator) or the EG (Envelope generator). The Werkstatt includes a classic 4-pole Moog filter with reasonance control which again can be modulated by the LFO or EG. The LFO includes triangle and square waveshapes and a rate control.
The Werkstatt is semi-modular in design meaning that the internal modules or section of the synthesiszer can effectivly be re-wired to create different modulation or timbre changes. The patchbay features a wealth of options for wiring the internal structure;
- VCA Input 0V to +5V in VCA EG Mode, +/-2.5V in VCA ON Mode
- VCF Input-5V to +5
- VCO LINEAR FM Input +/-2.5V - NOTE: this is an inverting control input
- VCO EXPONENTIAL FM Input -5V to +5V, 1V/Octave trimmable
- LFO CV Input 5V to +5V – NOTE: Negative CV slows LFO more than the panel
- VCF AUDIO InputUnbuffered/Unmixed AC coupled input to VCF
- 2x KB CV Output3V/semitone from 1 keyboard - NOTE: Attenuate for 1V/Octave
- 2x TRIG Output 5 msec pulse, 0 to +5 V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x GATE Output0 to +5V signal generated from low-note priority
- 2x EG Output0 to +5V signal, Simple ASD or AD type Envelope Generator
- 2x LFO Output -2.5 to +2.5V Triangle or Square wave, selected via LFO Switch
- 2x VCF Output-2V to +2 V signal for audio or CV uses
- 2x VCO Output0V to +5V VCO signal, wave selected by VCO Wave Switch
The main trigger input for the Werkstatt is a one octave tact switch keyboard that runs on low note priority for legatto and also features a wide range glide control.
With a huge range of sound creation and hackability options, this portable little monster is much bigger than it's footprint suggests.
The Main Features of The Moog Werkstatt 01 Analogue Synthesizer Include;
- Self-build Moog synthesizer kit
- Ideal for those newer to the concepts of synthesis
- Perfect for those who like to hack or modify there gear
- Classic fat moog sound
- Semi-modular in design with almost limitless sound creation potential
- Able to interface with CV and other modular gear
Written by Tom Lewis
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you're in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!