Audio Technica AT4040SM Cardioid Condenser Microphone
The Audio Technica AT4040SM Cardioid Condenser Microphone features an advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics.
A marriage of technical precision and artistic inspiration, the Audio Technica AT4040SM offers exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility. This ultra-consistent microphone may be used with confidence in a wide variety of studio and live miking applications, even under the stringent demands of digital recording systems.
The Audio Technica AT4040SM's low-noise circuitry is symmetrical and transformerless, resulting in exceptional transient response and clean output signals for transparent reproduction of even the most troublesome of instruments and sound effects. Supplied with AT8449 shockmount.
The main features of the Audio Technica AT4040SM Cardioid Condenser Microphone include:
- Technically-advanced large diaphragm tensioned specifically to provide smooth, natural sonic characteristics
- Externally polarized (DC bias) true condenser design
- Exceptionally low noise, wide dynamic range and high-SPL capability for greatest versatility
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Included AT8449 Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll-Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -32 dB (25.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise: 12 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range (typical): 133 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Niose Ratio: 82 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- Switches: Flat, roll-off, 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Weight: 12.7 oz (360 g)
- Dimensions: 6.69 inches (170.0 mm) long, 2.10 inches (53.4 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Included: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case
Product Demonstration Services @ Kazbar Systems
If you are a professional producer, sound designer, engineer or are part of a commercial studio and wish to audition a product on-site in your studio, then you're in the right place.
We specialize in hands on one-to-one demonstrations of pro audio equipment such as; monitors & outboard and also provide demonstrations for our range of boutique synthesizers and effects.
Contact us to arrange your demo now!